See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Shooting Range of the German Wehrmacht Oct. '18

franconiangirl

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
In the middle of the woods, they appear all of a sudden: giant walls and ruins as well as holes hidden beneath branchwood and covered by foliage - the remnants of an old shooting range of the German Wehrmacht (the armed forces of Nazi-Germany). Even the soil itself is still cotaminated by bullets and casings. The remains can be identified as ammunition from the Wehrmacht as well as from the Bundeswehr and the US-Army, which prove that all of these three armies used the area for their shooting exercises.

Unfortunately, I haven´t come across confirmed historical sources concerning the former shooting range, but it seems to be obvious that the area was a shooting range built by the Wehrmacht. Not confirmed sources indicate that the US-Americans blasted the buildings after World War II. After the destruction the area was apparently still used for military exercises on occasion. 

DSC_1311.JPG  
DSC_1319.JPG
DSC_1328.JPG
DSC_1309.JPG

DSC_1300.JPG
DSC_1409.JPG

DSC_1401.JPG
DSC_1417.JPG

DSC_8837.JPG

DSC_1425.JPG

The_Raw

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
Very interesting. Where does the entrance lead to?

OP
franconiangirl

franconiangirl

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. Where does the entrance lead to?
Thank you very much. It was like a small bunker, only one room. Maybe it was used as storage for ammunition, but I have no clue to be honest. 

seaside_rambler

O.S Friend AAA
Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
I like this, here there's lots of woods with bunkers and pill boxes to find, not so much ammo though!