Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Shoreham Cement Works - July 2016

MrObvious

Reaction score
History 

​

This site was originally the home of the largest employer in the area, but now after 20 years, the majority of its towering structures are now empty.​

There has been a limestone quarry on this site since 1851, which in conjunction with the nearby Shoreham and Steyning Railway, brought about a large amount of rail based traffic to and from the site. However, the railway was closed to passenger traffic on 7th March 1966.​

The site has been acquired in recent years by Dudman Aggregates and there is now regular activity and security on site.​

​

Visit 

After hearing about this place so many times, I thought i'd finally arrange a trip there for an early birthday splore and check it out, and hopefully get passed security, after being told by everyone they were on the ball.​

​

@CuriousityKilledTheCat and i decided to go there at midday, big mistake that was, because it was one of the hottest days of the year so far :(

when we arrived, it quickly became apparent just how big this place was, i'd checked it out before hand, but none of the photos did the size of the place any justice.​

Drenched in sweat, after trekking for what seemed like miles in the midday sun, we'd finally got to where we needed to be,  unfortunately, there was a lot of activity on site. 
after doing some recon, we'd found the best route, and went for it, just being missed by a worker sat in his lorry, we'd made it into the main parts. 
The place was full of corroded metal and had some flooded areas, but it was good to finally get in there and check it out :)

Big thanks to Curiousity for the successful tour :)

Images aren't great because i couldn't be arsed with hauling a tripod around in the heat :p

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

​

Thanks For Looking (y)  ​

mookster

Reaction score
Nice one to do it without being rumbled, it's sheer dumb luck at this place it seems.

hamtagger

Reaction score
The place is corroding nicely, must've been boiling in that meal cage in that heat!  :eek:

I like the reflection in the first shot :)  

MrObvious

Reaction score
The place is corroding nicely, must've been boiling in that meal cage in that heat!  :eek:

I like the reflection in the first shot :)  

boiling is an understatement haha, thanks man :p literally wanted to jump in that puddle when i saw it :') 

Obscurity

Reaction score
you did well to get in here midday and not get caught. photos came out good too. 

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun outing, keep meaning to get down here

Last edited by a moderator: