free hit counter
Great Britain - Siloam Methodist Chapel, Llanfrothen (permission visit 05/2018) | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Siloam Methodist Chapel, Llanfrothen (permission visit 05/2018)

Andy

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
Visited during a trip to Wales in May with @The_Raw 
When we arrived, an elderly man was sitting in front of the former church, which is on a private property. I spoke to him and he referred to the owner, who lives in a house behind the chapel. She gladly allowed us to enter the building and take pictures inside. While she got the key, we played with her dog, who was enthusiastic about our occupation with him ... :)

​

Siloam Methodist Chapel was built in 1833, rebuilt in 1866 and modified in 1878. The 1886 chapel was built in the Sub-Classical style of the gable-entry type. Siloam closed in 1993 and has since been converted for secular use. The current owner bought the church a few years ago and uses it today as a storage area.​

​

​

1​

bild01.jpg

​

2​

bild02.jpg

​

3​

bild03.jpg

​

4​

bild04.jpg

​

5​

bild05.jpg

​

6​

bild06.jpg

​

7​

bild07.jpg

​

8​

bild08.jpg

​

9​

bild09.jpg

​

10​

bild10.jpg

​

​

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Nicely photographed Andy. It was really nice of her to let us inside. I didn't think it would happen so well done for choosing to ask :)

jane doe

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
that looks a little gem ...beautiful photos :)

obscureserenity

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I met her at the beginning of the year, she's a really nice lady, especially as she caught me climbing out the window! She said they used to play in there as kids. Really good report @Andy, love this photos :)  

Last edited by a moderator: