Silverlands Orphanage, December 2014

DugieUK

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Abandoned Orphanage

Visited with: Venustas, Rusty, Martin, PG_UE & Carl

Visit Date: December 2014

Please Note: Entry is always through an open access point and not by forcing our way in….. We are explorers, not vandals.

My Visit

This was our second location of the day and we was all hoping we would have better luck than we did at the first location which was sealed up tight, so as we always do we left and headed off to to the next location.

After a few hours drive we pulled into a car park not far from the location and to our surprise we spotted another small group of explorers with all their kit ready to go. I knew who one of the smaller group was straight away it was Dirty Jigsaw, we pulled up alongside them and said hello. After parking the cars we headed back over to the group so we could introduce ourselves properly, Holly Sunshine was another of the group and her partner, then a few minutes later Holly’s friend arrived. It turned out that they was also heading to to the same place. It is always a risk being in such a large group as it is easier to get spotted but we decided to take the gamble.

We decided to use the woods for cover due to the size of the group and as much as that helped us out it also helped us get a little lost! We did take a couple of wrong turns but our phone GPS helped us out and pointed us back in the right direction. After about 45 minutes we emerged from the woods and could see the location straight ahead.

One nasty metal fence and 5 minutes later we was all safely inside unpacking our camera gear. The main issue we was going to face with so many of us in one place was trying not to get in each others way which indeed did happen a few times and made it a little slower to get the photos we wanted, however, we managed and it was great to finally see this place and to meet DJ, Holly and the rest….

I hope you enjoy my photos….

The main hall stairs are still in very good condition as you will see on the photos, however the rest of the building is not doing so good.

16407345027_18d772ce91_b.jpg

16595175588_04b86912ac_b.jpg

16020933004_cef43f6c2e_b.jpg

This shot was taken from the top of the stairs.

16662072805_44bc0295d5_b.jpg

Before heading off to look around the rest of the building I took a couple of photos of the main entrance.

16595359480_c0675576e9_b.jpg

16781646202_a0b793d400_b.jpg

When I have seen reports from here by other explorers I always thought that the stairs would be my favourite area, however, that is not the case and I found myself fascinated by the following room.

16756872516_fd51acba95_b.jpg

16160420784_af7eb6700d_b.jpg

I just had to get a shot of the skylight!

16595359700_386e67621f_b.jpg

Cool right? Hell yes it is! A big room with lots going on, nice airy windows, nice décor, awesome skylight, wood, stonework... What more could we ask for?

Here is another room that I really liked.

16575462557_fc16165f86_b.jpg

Finally, for anyone who has seen reports on this place before will be fully aware that this location still has electricity, also you will know of the following two rooms. I found it hard to get a good shot in these rooms for some reason and almost left these shots out of the report.

16781646702_e27c816c38_b.jpg

16595359360_5efa514c4e_b.jpg

More images available on flickr

The images above are just a small selection of the images I have edited. I will be adding lots more photos from photos on my Flickr page which can be found here, https://www.flickr.com/photos/119757413@N07/

Final thoughts

It was great to tick this one off the list which made the long drive and even longer day worthwhile. The building is deteriorating quickly and I have not seen any information for future plans of this building. The future is definitely not looking good…… Fingers crossed this changes and a new lease of life can be found before it is too late.

Thanks for reading,

Dugie

Lenston

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
It's a cool site mate, great pics there (y)

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Magnificent looking place and captured excellently as always Dug (y)

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Wow, you've captured her beautifully! We got totally lost in the woods also, its a vast area!

:comp

DugieUK

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, glad you like the report. Lara it is so easy to get lost in the woods isn't it.... Glad we was not the only ones hehe.

Dugie

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, glad you like the report. Lara it is so easy to get lost in the woods isn't it.... Glad we was not the only ones hehe.Dugie
Yes, and not only did we get lost. SK kept throwing these exploding mushroom things at me, they were growing in the woods and they are full of this powder stuff!

DugieUK

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Yes, and not only did we get lost. SK kept throwing these exploding mushroom things at me, they were growing in the woods and they are full of this powder stuff!
Hehe, BAD SK!

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Nice set Dugie. It was my fault we got lost in the woods, I can't remember if I was drunk or what, but probably :D

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Nice set Dugie. It was my fault we got lost in the woods, I can't remember if I was drunk or what, but probably :D
Yes, yes it was all your fault :)

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Great set there mate.

Sounds like you had a good time and in good company.

Thanks for sharing and I was never lost I was on the mushrooms lol :eek:

DugieUK

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Very cool dude
Cheers :)

Thanks Raw... At least you have an excuse we was all sober :D

MiaroDigital

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice share man :) I love this Staircase!!