Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

BradUrbex

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
This large abandoned steel plant dates back to the 1970s when Cockerill builded a 70 ton electric arc furnace and the world’s largest round strand caster.
this was built in 1972 to provide steel blooms for the rolling mill that was located across the river.

In 2009, the factory was required to limit the production, it was no longer allowed to produce steel at night and in the weekends because of the dust problems and the loud noises that came from the factory. A few years later in 2014 the amount of activity decreased, this was due to the high costs and old installations because there was no money to renew everything, In April 2016 the steel plant closed its doors forever and demolition was started a few years later.......

SM1.jpg

SM2.jpg

SM3.jpg

SM4.jpg

SM5.jpg

SM6.jpg

SM7.jpg

The control room
SM8.jpg

SM9.jpg

AndyK!

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Looks like they have been busy in there! Still looks good though, cracking pictures

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I wondered what had happened to this place. The power was still on when I went a few years ago so it didn't really feel abandoned. Cheers for the update.

BradUrbex

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I wondered what had happened to this place. The power was still on when I went a few years ago so it didn't really feel abandoned. Cheers for the update.
yes i have seen pictures from a few years ago when power was still on, but now, the factory is in demolition