Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Great Britain 'Squatters' Cottage - Powys, Wales March 2017

urbexpm

Reaction score
Me and a mate found this place this week after going up to the Hafren forest secret research location, it was late at night and very dark so I went back today to get some pics.

The cottage was built either late 17th Century or early 18th and originally had a thatched roof and has been officially empty for a long time but there are signs of habitation in recent years by squatters. Sleeping bags left upstairs, old dusty clothes and trainers, school books (the latest of which was 2012) and even a birthday card stuck to the wall. The cottage has no kitchen as such, just a wood burning stove and a bread oven. There is no sink, no toilet. Though there are various bathroom sinks in the grounds on the grass, a sunken bath in the garden, and yes it's a proper bath. There is also a homemade compost toilet further down into the garden, there also used to be a vintage bus here and some cars but they have been taken away.

There are no stairs in the place, albeit about 5 steps that start about head height to the left of the woodburner into the two colourful bedrooms, the other bedroom is accessed by a hole in the ceiling in the other main downstairs room, there is a rail in the upstairs room so I guess it was historically accessed by a small ladder. On with the pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

hamtagger

Reaction score
Mad looking little place. It's odd seeing modern stuff like sports direct bags for life interspersed with antique sewing machines  :eek:

Nice pictures too mate (y)  

klempner69

Reaction score
Very interesting..probably an old hippy commune.

Ferox

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
Looks cool this mate. A strange place full of bit's. Pic 17 is a nice one. The doll is great  (y)

OP
urbexpm

urbexpm

Reaction score
yeah they did!

I'm surprised there was as much in there, especially as there was a gypsy caravan in a nearby lay by lol