free hit counter
St Margarets deep shelter - Z rocket - march 2014. | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

St Margarets deep shelter - Z rocket - march 2014.

AlanMowbs82

OS Full member
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone we had a long day exploring yesterday and visited 4 places so im acheing like crazy today, anyway in between explores i popped back down into the z rocket for another look, still like it down their although its a small explore but nice all the same :).

the crazy pidgeons are still there waiting to fly into your head when you least expect it but it keeps you on your toes haha.

just a few pictures incase everyone hasnt seen them a thousand times.

a little history on the place:

The Site is located under the 5.5 gun battery constructed during world war 2, this battery no longer remains having been demolished in the 1970s. The Deep shelter however still remains. This gunsite mounted 4 x 5.5" guns and was manned by 411 Battery. Tunnelled accommodation was provided at the rear of the Battery, and an extra chamber between the two parallel tunnels was later added by 171 Tunnelling Coy. as additional space for the medical services.there are hazards such as unsupported sections of the tunnels as well as a chute that opens directly into the face of the cliff.

DSC_7913Medium_zpsd5fc4d4c.jpg

DSC_7931Medium_zps7b797c85.jpg

DSC_7943Medium_zps887a4f39.jpg

DSC_7923Medium_zps4fe01472.jpg

DSC_7937Medium_zps86b92ae5.jpg

DSC_7934Medium_zps5cdedc76.jpg

thanks for looking

alan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Urbex Ninja

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
This is the one right on the edge of the cliff if I recall correctly? Nice set of shots, still yet to visit this one!

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
Nice bit of underground, thanks for sharing :)

:comp

AlanMowbs82

OS Full member
Reaction score
yes 10 steps further and its a long way down, its also a long way down once your inside if you turn right instead of left lol.

thanks for the comments

alan.

Azz

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I would advise not to go in z-rocket due to cilff falls near it have made it very unstable, as when I went past it in a powerboat (another hobbie of mine) it looked very unstable, and there is only one entrance and if that collapses your stuck in there + you have to go over the cliff fence to access the entrance, shame though it's a great place asthe tunnels go on forever.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

AlanMowbs82

OS Full member
Reaction score
could have told us that before we went in ;-)

same as any deep shelter ive been in though i suppose and alot of other places ive explored, one way in and the same way out, i think if i always thought about the worst case scenario i would give up exploring and sit at home wrapped up in bubble wrap. same as motor racing that i used to do, only one outcome if i flip at high speed but that thrill is the reason why we do it.

hopefully it doesn't deteriorate in there though as it would be a shame as its a nice one.

alan

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
The good old whole of death,lost a few nights sleep wondering if i would fall down here..Nicely done mate Z is a decent location!

Stussy

OS Member
Reaction score
Looks a decent explore, added some spaces to your pics to make it easier to look through.

Thanks for sharing

AlanMowbs82

OS Full member
Reaction score
ok thank you, amazing how much resizing the pics so there not massive reduces the quality, oh well good enough :).

only a smallish deep shelter but nice and clean suprisingly.

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
Thats a nice set Alan and cool work (y)

I would advise not to go in z-rocket due to cilff falls near it have made it very unstable, as when I went past it in a powerboat (another hobbie of mine) it looked very unstable, and there is only one entrance and if that collapses your stuck in there + you have to go over the cliff fence to access the entrance, shame though it's a great place asthe tunnels go on forever. Risk assessments are so very important Azz I so very agree,Minimize as best you can and brake them down.

Then in the lap of the gods (y)

Gotta love this game :D

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
this place is a safe as houses,lydden spouts the one you gotta worry about

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
this place is a safe as houses,lydden spouts the one you gotta worry about
Thats from a man in the know lol (y)

But fair shout caution at all locations cliff side =)

If all were easy why would we bother

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Thats from a man in the know lol (y)

But fair shout caution at all locations cliff side =)

If all were easy why would we bother
there has been a few clif falls over the last year or two so yeah caution as ever but dont worry too much or you may aswell stay home ;)

shaddam

O.S Friend AAA
OS Member
Reaction score
ooh i do like the look of that !