free hit counter
Sutton Place Young Offenders Secure Unit, Hull - June 2015 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Sutton Place Young Offenders Secure Unit, Hull - June 2015

AndyK!

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Headed over to Hull for a solo visit when I got wind of an 'abandoned prison'. I didn't expect too much and the place isn't anything special but has a few ok bits.

Brief History

Sutton Place was a reformatory prison for young offenders in the criminal justice system deemed to be dangerous to themselves or others. The facility was opened in 1992 and achieved "Outstanding" status by government inspectors. The secure unit had 10 beds and provided services for boys and girls up to 17 years old.

The facility closed in 2009 after the Youth Justice Board decided not to renew the units £1.8million contract.

1. External in the courtyard

sutton-place-2.jpg

2. Ball in courtyard

sutton-place-14.jpg

3. External

sutton-place-3.jpg

4. Boy's wing

sutton-place-7.jpg

5. Cell corridor

sutton-place-4.jpg

6. Inside a cell

sutton-place-8.jpg

7. Inside a cell

sutton-place-9.jpg

8. Communal area

sutton-place-10.jpg

9. Communal area

sutton-place-11.jpg

10. Sports hall

sutton-place-12.jpg

11. Famous people on sports hall wall

sutton-place-13.jpg

12. External

sutton-place-15.jpg

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
Isn't it nice when we don't expect a lot and then find something really worth seeing, nice Andy. I like the corridor shot and he inside of the cell.

:comp

Hydro

OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice mooch by the looks of things, very different and possibly the closest thing to an actual prison in the UK at the moment (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Great to see that mate, like already said it always nice to have low expectations of a place and then to be rewarded :)

degenerate

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice one, kinda looks like a holiday camp, either that or I've been to some poor places in the past ;)

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
A very cool result indeed and very much like the look of the place Andy (y)

Lavino

OS Member
Reaction score
Once again Andy some great photos from you :D

WildBoyz

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Excellent set of shots. Great find too (y)

HauntedT

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I was outside of this building today...considering going inside, I watched a video recently that showed some paranormal activity within the building or just some kids messing around, either way...I would like to see for myself. 

This interests me and I can't wait to find out, I desire the unknown. 

That's the link to the video I saw, I'll let you make your own decisions about the activity. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Urban_Explorer

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I actually went on a "ghost hunt" here last year for a cheap laugh. The guys behind urban decay actually turned up to do a explore bearing in mind this was at 11pm so was a little strange, they showed us that video and can say from my experience sitting in the rooms calling out i would say it's not haunted and they probs faked that video. The only bit I would say is maybe active is the "prison" part I heard whistling.haha

UrbanDecayExp

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Glad you found the video of our shadow figure HauntedT, creepy isn't it.

Urban-Explorer suggested its fake, you sir are wrong simple as that. Its just a normal explore of a building and we spotted something looking back at the footage nearly 5months after to be honest and a decided to clip that section of the video and share it. We don't know if its a Shadow Figure, trick of the light and just a camera error, who knows, we just know its creepy so uploaded the footage. nothing more nothing less. Personally I don't think the main mansion is haunted either, we did a night in there and nothing happened either, the prison on the other hand, it  has a totally different vibe to it. whether its haunted or not I have no idea.

Urban_Explorer

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Glad you found the video of our shadow figure HauntedT, creepy isn't it.

Urban-Explorer suggested its fake, you sir are wrong simple as that. Its just a normal explore of a building and we spotted something looking back at the footage nearly 5months after to be honest and a decided to clip that section of the video and share it. We don't know if its a Shadow Figure, trick of the light and just a camera error, who knows, we just know its creepy so uploaded the footage. nothing more nothing less. Personally I don't think the main mansion is haunted either, we did a night in there and nothing happened either, the prison on the other hand, it  has a totally different vibe to it. whether its haunted or not I have no idea.
I agree the prison part does have a vibe to it.