free hit counter
USA - The 1888 house (aka the Pine Tree House) - Jan 2020 & Aug 2020 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

USA The 1888 house (aka the Pine Tree House) - Jan 2020 & Aug 2020

WesternKentuckyUrbex

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't know much about this house other then it was built in 1888 and was abandoned in 2002, just two years after the lady's husband died. The last inhabitant died in 2007, and the current owner, her son, lives too far away to care for the house. The house has some furniture in it, but most of the stuff worth money was taken and the rest was left to rot.

My group has explored this house 3 times and is one of the easier explorations to do. The house is beginning to collapse from neglect, but it is still walkable on the first floor and partially the second floor.

I have a lot of pictures of the house that I took in August but most were blurry so this is a mix of January and August pictures. We did a video of this place which shows off the back portion of the property which we could not access due to the forest encroaching on this house (why the house is called the Pine Tree House, there is a literal forest of pine trees around the house).

overgrowth_exterior_house_wm.png

This picture is almost in the same spot, the actual spot that the picture on the left was taken is too overgrown for me to want to stand there, but this is to show how agressive Kentucky forests are.

pine_ramp_house_exterior_wm.png
stairwell_door_exterior_wm.png
pine_front_house_exterior_wm.png

Here are some exterior pictures from January showing what the house looks like. The porch is a pain to get on and the path to it is full of thorn bushes and vines.

wasp_hate_exterior_wm.png

One of my favorite pictures. The wasps took full advantage of this abandoned hat.

kitchen_interior_house_wm.png
canopener_interior_house_wm.png

This kitchen was full of checks, birthday and Christmas cards, and newspapers. It really showed this person's life. There is a room near this full of books (which had a super blurry picture I didn't want to show) that had yearbooks and everything.

calendar_interior_house_wm.png
attic_upstairs_interior_wm.png

The calendar was left as it was when the place was abandoned and the upstairs did not seem to have been used much even when the house was still lived in. (the lady was 73 when she finally left the house).

In the backyard which I have no pictures of but did take a video of are two cars (one that is heavily damaged and another that is in much better shape and are both from either the 70s or 80s). There was also a really wrecked camper, two sheds, and over 500 mason jars on the ground. We also found tools, a word processor, and a private landfill full of antique bottles and trash. There was a blown over well house and a full motor out in the woods.

For being left as is for 18 years, the house has done well, with only some of it now collapsing. Once the roof blows off, the house will be done for but as it currently stands, it still holds part of the life of a lady who most likely spent most of her life in this house off a rural road in the middle of the woods.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For those interested, here is the video report (which is not the best quality as it was our first video ever)

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I definitely would not wear that hat!