free hit counter
Great Britain - The Honey Monster Factory, London, Nov 2019 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain The Honey Monster Factory, London, Nov 2019

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Intro
Dating back to the early 1940's this mammoth of a building, compared to the local area, was the former production plant for the Honey Monster breakfast cereal aka sugar puffs until closure in 2016.

That's all I really have on it.

What the building currently looks like. https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/02/76/54/2765424_f3669f38.jpg
2765424_f3669f38.jpg

The Explores
You may notice the S at the end of the word explore, that's not a typo nor does anyone actually care.

The first time visiting here went far from spectacular. We started off having seen it from google maps and going "ooo that looks derelict" before calling it a day. So, we got here and the first we noticed was the scale of the place, it looked smaller on google. After trying a few doors and setting a few alarms we had to make a dash as the sight of security with a German Shepard off the leash became our next discovery before subsequently being cased through Southall.

Anyway, attempt 2.
We met up with a few other who I had been talking to about the site for a while and thankfully they had a way in.
Once in a good 2 hours were spend mindlessly wandering the structure before heading home.

The Photos
We started off at the roof and worked our way back down.
Why you may ask? I have no idea.
DSC_6458 - Copy.jpg

Some pipes, I assume underneath some sort of hopper?
48760988547_868e2d6f7b_b.jpg Machinery

Engineers Dept
48866133547_f49ca473ac_b.jpg Engineers Dept

Clearly something had been removed here.
49107304346_c90f77b2e3_b.jpg Grain

The "Sugar Puff Control Room"
I'm not joking, it said that on the door.
DSC_6586.jpg

More machinery.
DSC_6614_5_6.jpg

Some sort of production line.
DSC_6646-HDR.jpg

The Admin bits

This table has a lot of old stuff like cereal boxes dating back to the 80's, all left behind.
DSC_6680.jpg

Some Lost memories.
DSC_6670.jpg

The canteen
DSC_6705.jpg

That appears to be all. There was a lot more here but was of very little interest.

KP.