See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

afraid2explore

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
‘But it was just a part of the story…’

This story starts in the point where the last one (http://www.oblivionstate.com/forum/showthread.php/9412-The-Library-and-Forbidden-Archive-July-2015) ended … more or less.

It is again the same winter Sunday or Saturday … (don’t remember now maybe it was the 7th or 8th of February 2015 - the photos come from much wider range of time), the day when we reached that location for the first time. It is the day in which we reached the top floor of the building and we discovered the library, reading room, project/drawing rooms and archive. But now … there was something more.

We are standing on a dark corridor (me and my two friends). Standing in front of a door.

It seemed that this door led to another part of the building. From satellite pictures we could guess that we were just in ½ of the length of the building. There had to be another part of the corridor behind the door and some other unexplored room. After what we saw already we had to get in.

The door was two sided, wooden, quite massive. On the left side there used to be a window with an windowsill. Now the window was sealed with a massive plank attached by nine or ten inch nails. There was no door handle on the door (someone just removed the old one). It was quite obvious that someone wanted to sell-off that part with a lot of effort.

We could also notice that the lock in the door was closed from inside and the keyhole (of quite modern lock was damaged). At some point we wanted to give up, At that point it took us almost an hour to find a way to enter. The door was wooden but because of all the moisture the wood on the outside was soft.

After some time we could see the deadbolt. Luckly the lock was old, the deadbolt was not locked in a fixed position and we could move it back.

Than we used that door handle I found, located its bolt in the hole. This allowed us to move the latch bolt back. Now we needed just a bit of leaver to move the door. Because of all the moisture it was just a bit of stuck.

Maybe after more than an hour we could get inside. It was something we couldn’t except from outside. Something we were not anticipating to see in such building.

There was a scent. Chemical, unpleasant scent. We were entering a long abandoned laboratory.

What we discovered was a set of different rooms connected with one corridor.

On the left there was a small social room.

16957212666_a33259097a_z.jpg

Items scattered around here and there. It all looked as if no one moved it from long time. Everything just as if left in a hurry.

Back to the main hall. A door on the right. A small board with a sign ‘Angle measurement’

I remember Iv entered a quite big room. First what I noticed just made my feet soft. All this equipment, wasted, rusting, forgotten. How much of state money had to be here in this building …

A meeting room by which we I could enter another room (here visible on the left).

Inside different measuring tools. Everything just as left a decade ago. Ducktape, stamples, rubber stamp, pens, typing machines, phones ….

There was also a lot of different documents, furniture, wet, now a bit rotting. All the tools covered with rust.

But of course what was most important (for us) everything was not moved here since the workers abandoned this place. There was no dust holes, no footprints. No signs of activity of any visitors. Just the sign of time.

And as in the library/archive/reading room because it was the last floor we could see that there was water dripping through the ceiling. Someone tried to place some kind of containers for water but without maintenance …

But until then we didn’t found the source of that chemical scent.

We had to go a bit deep in to the unknown.

Next door on our right. The scent became almost unbearable. Now we started to get to the source.

First a chemical storage room.

16981890152_8f35dbc47b_c.jpg

Water dripping through the ceiling, chemical moist in the air.

Some of the older containers broken with their insiders on the floor. As a graduate of biotech I decided that there is not much health risk and that we can proceed.

We found a fool scale chemical laboratory

Chemical glasses still on the benches, full with different content. Acid that was mixing with the air made its job allowing everything to corrode even faster.

What was mostly stunning is that if any one of use moved an object we could already see it. A white patch, free of dust. It had to be a decade since no one visited this place.

16957265576_b9c534a773_c.jpg

Everything as if the time had stopped. Objects, equipment waiting to be sued again …

16795739740_be76e1a39a_c.jpg

What made me almost cry are those high sensitive scales that had to be really expensive at some time.

17371718425_be52b5900a_c.jpg

We were able to find a lot of things there. Old documents, photos of workers, undeveloped films. Some of those things could be saved.

And again there were some many details. So many things that just standing there made my head hurt.

17469058014_c0ea3437c6_c.jpg

I remember that when I came that day back to home I was totally exhausted. The amount of frames, details that this location had to offer was mind blowing. At that point we decided not to publish any photos. We wanted to gather as much material from this place as possible. We wanted to record it, film it in the state we discovered it that day. It was a long and hard work …

And now …

This is a taste a things to come

https://vimeo.com/124396935

When it’s done .. you will know

As the last time more photos can be seen in following albums:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157651170444730

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157649023177383

Last edited by a moderator:

Hydro

Reaction score
Very nice mate, those jars of acid are quality colours (y) Good job on documenting everything, any history on the building? including it always makes it a little more interesting.

Thanks for sharing :D

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
That's very cool mate. Can you please add the approximate monthand year of when you visited to the title? Just click edit post at the bottom, then 'go advanced'.... Cheers (y)

skeleton key

Reaction score
I very much like the look of the location and you have taken great shots of the place (y)

:comp

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
This is a perfect location to find - untouched and just lots of natural decay. Jackpot!! :beer:

Very interesting too that it follows on from the Laboratory set you posted recently.

Enjoying your reports Karol

Urbexbandoned

Reaction score
I'm really liking this, so much to see. The jars are awesome! The second shot is great!

Fab location, thank you for sharing!!

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

Reaction score
This is beautiful! I love your photography style and this location is excellent! thanks for sharing!

Lavino

Reaction score
Excellent report really enjoyed reading that and so many good pics well done on this one.. ;)