Great Britain The NSRI, March 2019

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
The Intro

After stumbling across photos of the beedy eye'd operating lights back in early 2018 I'd spent quite a while looking for the site. Only to realise  it's almost 150 miles away, which on trains that run mostly on diesel, is not fun. So we put it off until September and went for two visits. Then realised I had missed one of the 8 operating Rooms, which annoyed me. So march 2019, attempt 3.....

A large amount of things had changed now, the 1st and second operating theater's had been fully boarded up and were now pitch black, vandals had done a few more visits and we soon found we were no alone.

Anyways with that we continued.

Photos

Colourful_Past.jpg DSC_9702.jpg Interrigation.jpg GrandEntrance.jpg AandE.jpg Intensive_Care.jpg CardioB.jpg Reflected_Theatre.jpg ScreenShot_NeuroSurgery.jpg Factured.jpg 4_floor_drop.jpg

And with that we left.

No1AndNo2.jpg

Sprialling.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Urban_Moocher

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Nice report,  liking this place lots. So, you weren't alone, please enlighten us to the uninvited presence, one is rather intrigued.  

AndyK!

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
It's always interesting to see how places change over time, and this one is still looking pretty good really. Worth a few visits.

KPUrban_

OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Nice report,  liking this place lots. So, you weren't alone, please enlighten us to the uninvited presence, one is rather intrigued.  
We initially met a group of photographers. Then later in the explore I got a message from them saying kinds where inside setting off fire extinguishers and throwing them around .

obscureserenity

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Wow this place has changed a lot since I first went but as @AndyK! said it's interesting to see their deterioration, looks more photogenic in some ways. Great report, looks like your hard work paid off. Cheers for posting (y)   

Last edited by a moderator:

KPUrban_

OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Wow this place has changed a lot since I first went but as @AndyK! said it's interesting to see their deterioration, looks more photogenic in some ways. Great report, looks like your hard work paid off. Cheers for posting (y)   
Indeed, unfortunately the main room with the 3 operating lights has been smashed to sh*t. Thank for looking

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Reaction score
Some lush pics there, got a 100% fail rate here, still hoping...