Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

The One The Got Away!

Faith Roswell

Reaction score
Have any of you missed a site: somewhere that was torn down, redeveloped or closed off just before you had the chance to visit and look around?
I had a very quick look at this quarry but it was demolished just before I had planned to go back and climb stuff! :(
Full report is here http://www.lifeoutthere.co.uk/2018/04/18/the-quarry-that-got-away/

What was your "one that got away"?

30723554_387159995115094_4265186332071952384_n.jpg

30725058_387160045115089_776041379968057344_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyK!

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
Ha yes, about 90% of my leads! Somehow I seem to find so many places just a week too late.

Please still put a report up on here - we would appreciate that more than a link ?

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Lancaster Moor asylum. Got on site, pressed my nose up to the window to see the amazing murals. Thought I'd sussed the access point and got busted by (friendly) security. 

Urbexbandoned

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Harold Hill, got there to see demo work had begun & finished ?

Andy

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.Ruinenland.de
Just two days ago I wanted to visit "The House of the Pianist" in Saarland / Germany. But there was only a meadow today and no house left ...
So far, however, I have mostly been lucky. It has rarely happened to me that a building was already completely demolished. Just a few places were no longer abandoned or sealed and so no longer accessible.

bob

Reaction score
Sammezzano Castle... I climbed the fucking balcony

Dubbed Navigator

Webmaster
Staff member
Webmaster
Forum admin
Reaction score
Ghost Ships - France
Miranda Castle - Belgium

+1 on Miranda Castle, would have loved to see that Beaut.

Harold Hill, got there to see demo work had begun & finished ?

If I remember correctly, I saw that one and was a bit disappointed. Sure it was being used as a paintball arena at the time.

Urbexbandoned

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
+1 on Miranda Castle, would have loved to see that Beaut.

If I remember correctly, I saw that one and was a bit disappointed. Sure it was being used as a paintball arena at the time.

All I wanted was the morgue, would have been nice but hey ho you win some you lose some.. 

hamtagger

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Myself and @Session9 decided to have a go at Kinmel Hall in North Wales around mid 2014 I think. There were a few silly code names around at the time like "Cuckoo Hall and Lotus Hall" and crap like that. Although looking back at older reports from then nowadays it had some nice features and indeed was a nice looking explore, there's been better appear on the forums before and since BUT, at the time it was a place I really wanted to see but it did have a bit of a reputation for being a difficult one. I was working over in the Shropshire area for a month or so and myself and @Session9 decided to do a bit of a welsh tour from north to south. I remember picking him up from Wolves train station about 7pm or so one Friday and we headed straight across through North Wales and arrived in the dark around 11pm. We navigated along the loooonnnngg path up to the Hall and literally spent the next 12 hours until the late morning trying to gain access. I got into the building at three separate points but it was annoyingly sealed internally at every point, preventing us getting into the main building, staircase, nice bits. Sensor alarms around the back made us jump the first time but after about the 6th time they got a good ignoring. A loudspeaker was rigged up playing Radio 4 or some crap from the front too, but after a couple of laps we realised it was in a loop. Anyway, this is the place that springs to mind when i think of the one that got away, but there has been MANY!. It was difficult walking away defeated and tired and pissed off , but the rest of the weekend working our way down through Wales was a success. Good times that didn't begin as planned but ended up great. Nowadays, the last I heard from the place it was trashed and easy as hell and was definitely a missed opportunity back then.