free hit counter
Great Britain - The Red Asylum - Feb-April 2020 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain The Red Asylum - Feb-April 2020

Dragon_Urbex

Dragon Temper.
OS Member
Reaction score
Website
dragonurbex.com
This was my first asylum explore. As the site is in immaculate condition, I shall not state where it is, nor what part of the country it is in, so those of you that know of it and where it is, well... you know! I just want minimal chances of it being trashed. That's why I am code naming it “The Red Asylum” due to the red brick it is built of. The asylum is a fairly small one compared to places like Whitchurch, comprising of four two storey ward buildings, corridors, main hall and services. Once inside for the first time, I felt quite disoriented. The corridors seemed to stretch for miles and echoed noisily. I’ve known about this place since September 2019, but had no idea it was derelict. Just want to say, security is now quite high here. I've got more photos on my website here: https://dragonurbex.com/the-red-asylum/

The Explore:

I’ve got to say, this is the first ever asylum I have explored. And I can tell you, the seven year wait to explore one has paid off so damn well. I found one in good condition! I’ve done the maths: 95% of Victorian/early 20th century mental hospitals have either been demolished or converted. This is one of a kind. The explore was full of adrenaline. I found my way into the hospital and began my explore. It was cold inside, but the lighting worked (at the time) so it wasn’t too dark. I began by making my way to the corridors and immediately went to the main hall, that being something I had wanted to photograph first. I think the following photographs will tell the rest of the story! Enjoy.

DSC_1283 (2).JPG

DSC_1290 (2).JPG

DSC_1251 (3).JPG

DSC_0986 (2).JPG

DSC_0994 (2).JPG

DSC_1011 (2).JPG

DSC_1027 (2).JPG

DSC_1028 (2).JPG

DSC_1030 (2).JPG

DSC_1044 (2).JPG

DSC_1046 (2).JPG

DSC_1049 (2).JPG