Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

tripod hellppp!!!!!

Ryda

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Hey, im currently lugging around some beast of a tripod. made by Cullmann, it does the job, but its big and its heavy.

Does any one know of a cheapish, sturdy one that is a bit smaller, when i met everyone i noticed how much smaller their tripods are to mine so ive decided i need a change haha

Just something that will extend big enough so i havent gotta get on my stomach to take the pic, but not too big that its annoying to carry around.

annnndd thinking about it, if anyone knows of a good bag for camera, torch, tripod?

Fankoooop

Shadow

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
how much you looking to spend mate? I got mine from argos after going through the same sort of thing as you, cost me £30 great buy, its light as owt and comes with a bag / strap to stick it accross your back. Much better then the one i was lugging round before.

Heres the link... http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5705403/Trail/searchtext%3ETRIPOD.htm

Also, ask lynton which one he has, thats awesome, its small enough to fit on his belt so thats pretty cool

This one...

Picture66-1.png

Ryda

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
i like the look of your one superwide i think i looked at that last night on ebay actually

i just need something cheap, but study enough for my 40d, its pretty much only for tunnels etc.

Lyntons one looks quite good aswell, looks a bit more sturdy that the ebay one, so superwide whats the ebay one like for stability

superwide

OS Member
Reaction score
Its pretty good as long as you open the legs to outwards full extent, the lightpainting pics in my post were taken using it.

Ryda

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
so by opening them to full extent i cant just use it at the 30cm size for example, i have to open each extended arm? or do you jus mean make sure the legs are all out as far as they will go

superwide

OS Member
Reaction score
Yes, Sorry thats what I meant you can use it unextended or anywhere in between.

Ryda

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
thats kushty cheers matey

Ryda

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
thanks for the comments everyone, looking at the RRP and the 1 year warranty, along with the 3kg load, &&&& free p&p ive gone with the one from Fluffs 7dayshop site, thanks a lot :D :D