free hit counter
Great Britain - Undisclosed Railway Station Cellar 2009 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Undisclosed Railway Station Cellar 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerSurge

OS Member
Reaction score
Well with nothing better to do one afternoon. I decided to investigate the cellar of this undisclosed station.

Undisclosed why? Well I had to get permission to crack open the doors that lead to the cellar. The station in question is still very much operational I had a member of station staff guarding the big hole that my entrance left so as nobody fell in and as a result didn’t have alot of time to take photos.

All that I can give away about the station is that it was rebuilt in approx 1898 and that all the buildings above the cellars are now Grade two listed.

I’m hoping to get back into this cellar for a proper investigation as I was told that the subway that you will see in one of the photos, even thought partly collapsed, is stable (I hope so as two railway lines run over it :lol: ) And that this subway leads to the cellar on the other platforms. Entrance to this cellar is not possible as the doors have been sealed up and the hinges are weak.

There are some nice old features in these cellars, as well as some modernish station features (Junk in other words :lol: )

Anyway on with the pics

The first room you get to

DSC_3371.jpg

Back to the entrance. Notice the barrell rails on the stairs. The building above might have been a bar at one stage

DSC_3372.jpg

DSC_3374.jpg

Stairs leading upto the buffet above. (The top of the stairs are now closed in)

DSC_3375.jpg

DSC_3377.jpg

I love these double doors

DSC_3381.jpg

The subway

DSC_3386bw.jpg

Did someone really work down here? If they did it would have been a very noisy and dusty place to be, as steam trains would have been running at that era

DSC_3383.jpg

One of the modern(ish) bit of the station. The Ticker board

DSC_3390.jpg

Thanks for looking. :cool2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
That's pretty cool powersurge, thanks for posting it. Need to get across to the other side I think!

Amazing what's underneath places eh. ;)

PowerSurge

OS Member
Reaction score
I've been given permission to go back in one night when the station is at it's least busiest. I plan to get to the other cellar. Watch this space :cool: :cool2:

PowerSurge

OS Member
Reaction score
Well I went back. Got the other side of the subway. And discovered............................................... A nice modern solid breeze block wall :x so the other cellar is completely closed off. Damm :evil:

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nice report but why have you posted it in the private section if you're not going to give the location away?
Does it actually matter? :roll:

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Nothing really matters, anyone can see.

Nothing really matters.

Nothing really matters, to Meeeeeeeeeee!

Or if you don't like the traditional lyrics, try Birmingham Rhapsody instead.

PowerSurge

OS Member
Reaction score
Nice report but why have you posted it in the private section if you're not going to give the location away?
Well Maniac, and Shadow have been within feet of the enterance and Tack actually stood on the enterance.

The answer you are all after, even though Trench knows it. The undisclosed cellar is at XXXXX Station :D

Status
Not open for further replies.