See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Vanity House Wales Dec 15

Vulex

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
First stop on a mini tour of Wales, Thanks Alex for showing me these places.

I dont know the history of this place, but judging by the lay out of the house and the articles left I would guess a widowed lady lived here until she had died in the early 70's. But based on the music collection somebody lived here until at least 1987.  The owner also appeared to be a bit of a hoarder with piles and piles of stuff.

This is my first propper place that hasnt been gutted and left pretty much stuck in time.

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year to you all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hydro

Reaction score
I like how you have deducted aproximate dates, i dont think id have gone to that length - I'm impressed (y)

Plenty of bits to have a rummage around i see, always feels a bit weird rummaging in someones house rather than say an industrial derp or hospital. Its a lot more personal.

Cool set!

:ugeek:

Vulex

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
@Hydro3xploric 

Im with you on that, im not sure I enjoyed it either. It was interesting trying to figure out the late owner but I felt a bit like Goldielocks and any secound the 3 bears would come home. 

jones-y-gog

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Nicely done - you wouldn't think from these pics that the place is chock-full of all sorts of clutter :lol:

The lady passed away in June 2002, for the record.

Vulex

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
Nicely done - you wouldn't think from these pics that the place is chock-full of all sorts of clutter :lol:

The lady passed away in June 2002, for the record.
A lot of my pics were washed out. Still trying to learn how to use my Nikon. 

Now I know some more confirmed facts about her, I feel a little sad for her. 

The house painted a sad picture. 

coolboyslim

Reaction score
Yep allways sad seeing these places. However it's a stunning looking place. Deffo need get my ass in gear next year and check out some of these cottages in Wales. @Thevampiricsquid you wanna still be my best friend lol cough Owl house lmfao. Seriously though really do need to get to see some of these. And @vulex you made me want them even more lol and for that I should shoot ya gotta get my work in gear now. Thx m8ty great report and writeup it's apreciated 

Ferox

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
Great looking place this bud. Thanks for sharing  (y)

Vulex

Oblivion State Member
Reaction score
@coolboyslim Its not a bad thing making you want to see them, just remember who inspired you to further to get your ass in gear, especially if theres room in the car ;)

coolboyslim

Reaction score
@vulex lmfao you allways welcome m8ty. Will deffo get some stuff sorted for new year m8ty. And yea ass is deffo in gear for new year 

hamtagger

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Sad indeed places like this, even to think the old biddy had no family to collect her personal belongings/photos etc. But nicely shot and a cool little place that's for sure :)

The_Raw

Forum Admin
Staff member
Forum admin
Reaction score
Liking that a lot, still never seen anywhere like this for myself but I imagine I would feel like a right nosey bastard being in there. I spose I am a right nosey bastard though otherwise I wouldn't be doing this hobby! :D  

coolboyslim

Reaction score
@The_Raw No worries m8ty this year we will lol. Got my ears to the ground and trying to get a peg up on some. Really want this year to be the year of decent cottages mannors etc. Hopefully @TheVampiricSquid will chuck us a bone lol. Until he gets fed up with me asking then will leave him alone. I'm Sure he knows im just digging for apples Oh and an owl lol

Andy

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
Beautiful place, you've captured it very well.