free hit counter
Great Britain - VIDEO REPORT - HAGGS MINE EXPLORE, NENTHEAD | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain VIDEO REPORT - HAGGS MINE EXPLORE, NENTHEAD

UK Abandoned Mine Explores

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
New video up, and in this one Haggs mine ensures we are fully wet, before revealing it's beautiful alien formations and amazingly beautiful, colourful shale bandings to us :

The earliest workings around Haggs Mine where developed before the actual horse level was driven. These consisted of levels and trials north of the horse level. One of the larger levels was the High Raise Low Level, which worked the High Raise Vein discovered in 1789 by the Brownley Hill Company. There is no reference that shows when the Haggs Horse Level was first started, but records indicate that the Nentsberry Haggs Vein was being worked in 1737, which is the course of the horse level.

The mines output was the greatest until 1938, after this the mine was worked sporadically by a number of different companies. Finally the last operator, the Anglo-Austral Company stopped its operations in 1953, with the mine being formally abandoned on the last day in 1958.

Some screen shots.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Untitled4.png

BikinGlynn

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Very nice. u were lucky with all that breathing room we had half that in a place at weekend & it was soup thick Ocre lol
looks like a decent explore though.