Post a thread

Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Villa ornata con fontana (visited 07/2018)

Andy

Staff member
Forum moderator
Reaction score
 ​

It had rained the day before my visit.  Therefore, the steep slope that I climbed up alone to this abandoned, Italian villa on a hill, had turned into a muddy slide. The way up was correspondingly arduous and painstaking. I slipped off several times and within minutes my clothes were half soaked and completely dirty. But I didn't want to give up and fought my way up. Once there, I had to walk through bushes and a nettle-overgrown garden, until I finally reached the open access at the back of the building.​

​

But the effort was absolutely worth it. On the ground floor was a hall with columns and a fireplace. However, the most magnificent room was on the first floor. Great wall and ceiling paintings, mirrors on both sides, a skylight with broken glass, several statues and faces made of stone; and everything embedded in sad decay. This room was simply impressive, and overwhelming beautiful.​

Subsequently, I still discovered a fountain with a statue in the back of the garden.​

​

For the way down, I chose another route. This one was a little easier, although at the end I had to climb over a fence, to get out. But fortunately, I wasn't seen doing that by the residents of the property, and that was the main thing.​

​

​

1​

​

2​

​

3​

​

4​

​

5​

​