free hit counter
Great Britain - Warwick Mill, Middleton, Jan19 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Great Britain Warwick Mill, Middleton, Jan19

Albino-jay

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Not done a report for a while and I have quite a backlog. I always think it's good to see places whether they've been done or not just to see how they're getting on. So I'll start working my way through them as and when I can be arsed. ​

​

First up. ​

​

Warwick Mill, Middleton, Jan 19 

​

Can’t really find too much out about this one other Grade II listed. The mill was built in 1907 built from red brick with a cast iron frame. ​

​

It’s most recent uses were as an airsoft centre on a few of the upper levels a few pallets and bits of netting remain each floor is littered in millions of bb’s, which make for some comedy cartoon slips. Half of the ground floor looked like it was used as a tool or DIY sort of shop going off the melted remains of product stands. The rest of the ground floor that was untouched by fire used to be a small community centre. ​

​

As far as mills go it’s your pretty standard big brick mill. Pretty stripped, but still some nice features to have a nosey at. The rope race is still here and is good to see. The engine room has been bricked up at the rope race and a lift installed. The engine room, as a lot have,  has been used as a loading bay and was full of flooring tiles. Still has the original tiling in place though. ​

​

The were plans approved  to convert it into a trading hub but it’s a few years back now so that idea is probably dead in the water. More info below:​

​

​

Pics

​

Start off with a couple of old photo’s from Library archives ​

​

ce74d22e039654d06cf714--the-lighthouse-lighthouses.jpg
 ​

​

WM2_875.jpg

​

​

Mill-Jan-19-26.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-25.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-23.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-24.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-22.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-21.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-20.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-19.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-18.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-17.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-16.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-15.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-14.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-13.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-12.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-10.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-8.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-7.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-6.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-5.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-3.md.jpg

​

Mill-Jan-19-4.md.jpg

​

​

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
That's well nice mate. Some sweet old architecture there that we'll never see the likes of again with the current modus operandi in construction. Them tiles and that tower are full of win