Contact Staff

Contact the team

Weird Urbex Occurrences

LewisS

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Howdy guys and girls.

Talk of the paranormal is usually ridiculed in these circles but have any of you experienced anything weird and creepy whilst on an explore?

The only creepy thing I can think of on any of my explores was an old brewery in Lancaster. There was me, Scrappy and BB mooching about. We entered the building near the roof and made our way down to the basement taking pics as we went. However, nearing the end of the explore we clearly heard footsteps on the floor above us. If I remember rightly we made sure we weren't followed in and we covered the access. So by rights, there was only us 3 in the building. It was enough to make me feel spooked and was quite happy to get out of there.

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Mate, I wish i had a good story to stick on here but unfortunately I haven't had the privilege yet :(

Last edited by a moderator:

skeleton key

OS Member
Reaction score
My Weird Urbex Occurrences is I met the missus :p

Lara

OS Member
Reaction score
My Weird Urbex Occurrences is I met the missus :p
Cheek! The only weird scary noises ive heard while sploring is SKs arse :unfair:

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Really want to do that brewery! Probably bored anyone who's been exploring with me with this one but the very first time i got into St Josephs Orphanage & was pretty new to exploring, to my shame had been shown access by the local emo kids (hey i REALLY wanted to see this place). Went back late at night when they would of all been tucked up in bed & it involved dropping through a hole in the roof of what i presumed was some sort of boiler room or storeroom to find that the door in front of me was nailed shut from the side i was trying to open it from so found that pretty weird for a start as it meant whoever had nailed it shut would of had to exit from the ballache access that i had just entered from. Luckily there was a window thing (don't know if there is a technical name for it) above the door & was perched on top of there for a good 5 minutes trying to work out if i would be able to get back out & heard what at first sounded like a creaky wheelchair coming closer & then turned into some sort of wailing sound, needless to say i was out of there like a shot but later decided that it must of been a cat or something. Have heard plent other noises in that place but most could be explained away as 'just the wind' & none have been as unnerving as that. Interesting that it was in the nursing home bit that i haven't been able to access since...

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Lol, great story that haha! :D2: :zombie :spider:

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I turned round in Battersea Control room A to find that Sentinel was wearing a mankini once, spooked me for days.....

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah for someone who doesn't believe in 'ghosts' etc i absolutely crapped myself, was more like :OMG: :spider: :poo

urblex

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
I turned round in Battersea Control room A to find that Sentinel was wearing a mankini once, spooked me for days.....
Haha wow! Yeah anyone wearing a mankini would be pretty horrific, imagine getting busted by secca wearing one pmsl.

trav

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Talk of the paranormal is usually ridiculed in these circles but have any of you experienced anything weird and creepy whilst on an explore?
The 1st explore I went on, I was on my own in an old asylum. I was leisurely exploring the place and all was quiet. I was aware of an active security 'team' so I had my ears open for them. Anyway as I went into a small-ish boiler/pipe room I clearly heard a door make a long creak open and then slam shut with a thud. Then I heard shuffling footsteps coming in my direction. I froze and hid behind the door waiting for the inevitable. I was playing out the scenario of being caught over in my head as the footsteps got louder and closer. As they neared the door I was hiding behind I held my breath and waited. The footsteps stopped right outside my door...I waited....and waited...eventually I poked my head around the corner of the door, still expecting security to be stood there with their arms folded waiting for me to appear....but there was nobody! The corridor was empty! I was out of that within 5 seconds!!

Haha just typing this here has made my heart start beating like mad!!

Silent Hill

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
This place needs no intro! I was a tad reluctant to put this up, as paranormal stuff just don't cut the mustard with a lot of folk. It was just a normal day's exploring really. Armed with the usual gear....Camera, tripod, charged battery etc. We headed straight for the famous staircase.

1st shot of the day, and this is the original picture. The figure in shadow is actually the caretaker.... But It's what's behind him that freaked me out! Because whatever it is.... It wasn't there when I took the shot. And at this point my battery went dead

15974.jpg

The following are the same shot but zoomed in, the quality deteriorates I'm afraid. It looks like an old man to me! Could this be the ghost of St Johns?

16000.jpg

15999_1.jpg

15996.jpg

15997.jpg