Contact the team

Westcliff section ramsgate tunnels 02/06/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Westcliff section had been very keen to visit a group of us have been looking into it for ages..and with a little help from knox obs and frosty,thanks for the help guys ,We got our location.theere was too have been two teams of us..one in one out!Due to location and method of entry some of the guys couldnt manage this !in the end my self and james went for it..INTERESTING ENTRY IVE HEARD THE GUYS SAY..NOT ARF'!

Right very limit timed time window cos the guys who where out couldnt be waiting all night so only had an hour to do what we could and without tripod get best pics i could..tried playing with the auto focus using light up areas and then switching to manual but in the end went back to manual focus and considering the cramped flooded conditions and shortness of time i did my best..1 long exposure using some steps..right the hospital section we after wading knee deep in water and very slippy and deepening mud underfoot was aborted shame i wanted to get there..and there was a crumbling chalk fall along the liverpool lawn section so even tho i know it can be done a roof fall of the big variety wasnt sounding fun..but i got what i could

in no particular order and trying to put the in focus ones in..here we go..

lightpainting.jpg

DSC00948.jpg

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

DSC00924.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00913-1.jpg

DSC00909-1.jpg

Doesnty look deep..it is found an old dinghy with paddle down there lol

DSC00908-1.jpg

DSC00905-1.jpg

DSC00904-1.jpg

DSC00900-1.jpg

DSC00897-1.jpg

DSC00907-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and thanks to all involved..and my tripod is turning up soon..ill go somewhere that i can spend more time to get my pics looking right..last night was a struggle in dodgy conditions but fun tho :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

unclebulgaria

Oblivion State Member
OS Member
Reaction score
nice pics mate,shame i couldnt fit the tight entrance :cry:

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Good report man, and nice pic's considering there was no tripod involved :D , love it down there:)
cheers mate..me tripod turned up yesterday..it was deep water down there trust me

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
cheers mate..me tripod turned up yesterday..it was deep water down there trust me

heres a pic me meate took and the water just kept getting deeper..

30263_1291448729519_1329286226_3064.jpg

..and the stretches that where flooded went on for ever lol..so gave up on second part else whe'd never got round the rest in time to get out
Lol, yeah it was pretty flooded when we was last down there, I don't think it was quite as bad as that back then though lol.
was a good visit tho..and will be trying it again..if i can get waders lol..and get them in there of course as u know acces not the easiest

Wevsky

The Pototao King
OS Full member
Reaction score
Ohhh yes, had to get glued back together :(
nasty mate!!seems you met my friend on the night he stopped to say hi as you came out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.