Contact the team

Belgium Wet Dogs Plant - August 2018

Urban Relics

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Website
www.urbanrelics.be
A friend asked me recently what my favorite location was so far. It would surely have to be one of the industrial sites I’ve visited and this one, an abandoned power plant, that was part of a large steel mill, was certainly among the top favorites!

Even though the steel mill it was attached to closed in the beginning of 2012, this power plant had become obsolete years earlier, when it was replaced by a newer and more modern power plant. Some of the equipment was recuperated, but for the main part the building and its content were left to gather a thick layer of rust and dust. There are plans to turn the blast furnace on the site into some sort of a museum, a bit like Landschaftspark in Germany, so one can only hope that this beautiful vintage power plant will be salvaged and turned into a museum too… Me, i prefer it the way it was when I visited it: abandoned, decayed and dirty!

Urban locations often get the most peculiar names. Why this one was named “Wet Dogs Plant” is beyond me. I'm guessing it has something to do with the security guards and their dogs, still very present and active on the premises... 

​

WDP01S.jpg

​

WDP02S.jpg

​

WDP03S.jpg

​

WDP04S.jpg

​

WDP05S.jpg

​

WDP06S.jpg

​

WDP07S.jpg

​

WDP09S.jpg

​

WDP12S.jpg

​

WDP14S.jpg

​

​

​

obscureserenity

OS Member
OS Member
Reaction score
Urban explorers do indeed come up with some funny codenames. Brilliant report, a really nice set of images you've got there! Cheers for posting. :)