free hit counter
Whats left of St Andrews. Norwich. Norfolk. January 2016 | Oblivion State Urban Exploration

Post a thread

Post a thread in one of the forums

Browse the forums

Browse threads and contribute to reports

Contact Staff

Contact the team

Whats left of St Andrews. Norwich. Norfolk. January 2016

Norfolk Explorer

OS Member
Reaction score
I decided to have a swing by here as it had been a while... In fact a long long time as I hate the place as it was photos I took here that when I plugged the camera into the computer it killed the computer along with a few years of family, holiday and exploring pictures and  it was long before I knew how important it was to back up your files etc etc etc.​

​

I had been past it a good few times while working and knew exactly what was going on with the demo of the site. I also failed another time to get in but was not fussed as I knew I had seen the good bits and they were slowly vanishing.​

​

But I went out with the camera with clareexplores  to have a little look at what was left now that the builders have gone...... Well there is not much too see now.. A long corridor with a few rooms and now way to access the other floors and the morgue is all that remains.​

​

History​

The Norfolk Lunatic Asylum was situated in Yarmouth Road, Thorpe St Andrew near Norwich. Opened in April 1814 and closed in 1998 and slowly  bit by bit the site has been turned into completely over priced houses on one side of the road and over the other the old tower now just sits all on its own ​

​

1​

1A8A1666_zpsz4epck8d.jpg

​

2​

1A8A1658_zpsfyfsrc46.jpg

​

3​

1A8A1657_zpsf0hmkwtu.jpg

​

4​

1A8A1656_zpsii1enb0o.jpg

​

5​

1A8A1652_zpsktef15mv.jpg

​

6​

1A8A1651_zpsxi7ojz25.jpg

​

7​

1A8A1649_zpsmsfa99s7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyK!

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Such a nice looking building from the front. I'd buy that and make it into my house!

Merryprankster

OS Member
Reaction score
proper derpy looking derp, lovely frountage though, bet it was a banger back in the day, thanks for sharing dude

Urbexbandoned

OS Full member
Reaction score
Always nice to see the current state of somewhere. My auntie worked here when she studied for Nursing so I am told. Nice little place mate. Thanks for sharing (y)  

The_Raw

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Stunning exterior there, cheers for the update dude (y)  

Maniac

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
I'm guessing eventually this will be part of the development, they always kept the admin blocks from most of them. 

hamtagger

OS Full member
OS Full member
Reaction score
Thats a beautiful looking building, wish i'd have seen it about 20 years ago :(

Thanks for posting (y)