Post a report or anything else to the forums

See latest posts

Latest posts across the community

Contact Staff

Our team are here to help if needed

Wigston Swimming Pool/Harpers Fitness - Wigston, Leicestershire - May 2014

Matt Inked

Reaction score
This was quite a strange explore. There is some really impressive Grafitti here, And I used to live about 2 minutes away so it was nice coming back here. There's also power too.

Visited with Hamtagger, Session9 and Catbalou

History Lesson

One day there was a swimming pool, people swam, some drowned, there was also a yellow slide. The End

I found this too. A group of pensioners bid a fond farewell to swimming pool as the building is set to be closed down.

The swimming pool, in Station Road, Wigston, will be demolished and a six-lane replacement with a large fitness suite, built in its place for May, next year.

The council is spending £9.2 million to replace the facilities at Wigston and update them.

In addition, the money will also pay for a pool to be built at Parklands Leisure Centre, in Oadby, plus a refurbishment.

Once this is complete, Oadby pool will be closed down (Possibly a future explore)

Picture time

Oops...

The famous yellow tube!

This must have been quite annoying to build

The slide/flume

This is pretty impressive! And to think Police would arrest him for doing it...

Lessabled? That's a new one

The amount of Tampax and Sanitary towels in here was unreal

This is where the tightest Speedo's were kept

The only time I have ever and will ever be in Female changing rooms with a camera

Was this where people left their babies when they went for a swim?

The deep end

Thank you for reading my report. I apologize for the lack of imagination with the pictures but I was feeling sorry for myself because I had food poisoning and was trying to hold vomit down.

P.S I lied about the yellow tube being famous, I just wanted it to sound good and not just like a tube.

mookster

Reaction score
It's a strange irony for a swimming pool to burn down but it was so wide open it was only a matter of time...and now there is a handy excuse to start development early.

skeleton key

Reaction score
I hope your feeling better Matt and it does seam youve managed to see the place just in time. (y)

Matt Inked

Reaction score
I hope your feeling better Matt and it does seam youve managed to see the place just in time. (y)
I am now, thanks. Luckily we got there in time. Although we now look like potential suspects :police:

There were kids setting fire to paper as we walked in and when they noticed the 4 of us they nearly followed through.

I heard from a friend who lives a few minutes away that it apparently exploded too.

Lara

Reaction score
Enjoyed this report, thanks for sharing and hope you're feeling better :)