Tinnitus Doll

Russia Magnesite mine, Jan 2016

Hi mates!

I wasn't there for a long time. The beginniing of 2016 was really rich with explorations. And one of the places was a working magnesite mine in Chelyabinsk region.

0_134c50_f3372f75_XL.jpg

I was there two times but this time we managed to reach the lowest horizont on minus 320 meters.

0_134c51_70183234_XL.jpg

0_134c52_277e952a_XL.jpg

0_134c53_aa756bcb_XL.jpg

0_134c54_3dd85093_XL.jpg

I had no tripod and my camera became misted so pics are not very good.

0_134c55_4631c1bd_XL.jpg

0_134c56_63691cab_XL.jpg

0_134c57_b46ebfcd_XL.jpg

0_134c58_ef1e3afe_XL.jpg

Transport descent.

0_134c59_72289518_XL.jpg

0_134c5a_ffa439c_XL.jpg

0_134c5b_78eba642_XL.jpg

Tubs without any railmotor car.

0_134c5c_c181877b_XL.jpg

0_134c5d_31b181d6_XL.jpg

0_134c5e_318dfb50_XL.jpg

0_134c5f_ce7013c0_XL.jpg

Abandoned part is full of water. On the right you can see a tube from which a lot of splashes release.

0_134c60_1d61eddd_XL.jpg

0_134c61_c4b02176_XL.jpg

So that's all thanks for looking and have great time!:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By teddybear
      A large abandoned iron mine with miles of tunnels and several levels. We've been here 3 times and still not seen a fraction of it. Yet we walked 20 Km in there. There should be some big vehicles in there but only found some tracks. But we found  a lot of little things like old miner boot with real nails in the soles,a small horse shoe and imprints of horseshoe's and miner boots. From some places it took more 1.5 Hr just to get to the only entry. And unfortunately at the last visit we saw that effort are been made to seal the entry up. A big wire mesh was placed, a wheelbarrow and some mounting materials were present there but no workers. I think it was raining to hard that day.. Probably  the entry is closed now.
      But sure fun to explore there an been off the grid for some hours.
      IMG_9504 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_9497 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_9489 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_9480 by Bart Hamradio, on Flick

IMG_1291 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1300 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1304 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1317 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1321 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1325 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1327 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0679 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0687 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0689 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_9499 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

• By Lenston
      Visited with The Kwan on a rainy Saturday, some lovely bits left in the area and we missed quite a bit so theres always an excuse for a return visit.

Some History

The name Ratgoed derives from “Yr Allt Goed”, which means the steep, wooded hillside. Ratgoed mine was also sometimes known as “Alltgoed”. The Ratgoed slate workings lie at the head of what was originally called Cwm Ceiswyr but became known as Cwm Ratgoed because of the quarry. It lies north of Aberllefenni and northwest of Corris in, what is now, the Dyfi Forest.

The slate that was quarried at Ratgoed was the Narrow Vein. This runs from south of Tywyn, on the coast, to Dinas Mawddwy about 18 miles inland and follows the line of the Bala Fault. The Narrow Vein was worked along its length at places such as Bryneglwys near Abergynolwyn; Gaewern & Braich Goch at Corris, Foel Grochan at Aberllefenni and Minllyn at Dinas Mawddwy. The slate at Ratgoed dips at 70° to the southeast, the same as Foel Grochan.

Ratgoed was a relatively small working, it was worked from around 1840 until its closure in 1946.

Pics

[

[

Le Kwan

Thanks for looking
    • By Albino-jay
      One from back In Jan 

As the weekend approached, as did another explore for myself @eoa and @monk. Seems we are a good trio of bell ends and something usually goes wrong somewhere down the line and Moel Fferna wasn’t going to let us (or shall I say me) down.

Anyway, Myself and @EOA started the day with our customary maccies breakfast (minus the spiced cookie latte this time) we then met @Monk nearer to the mine. We’d heard the walk was a bit of a pig upto the mine so we opted to utilise the jeep which took us as close as we could manage, but still a bit of a walk away. Ah well it saved our legs A LOT. The weather was, well, yeah…. you can see from the pictures!

So after a bit of a trek through the snow we found the air shaft and @EOA worked his ropey magic and rigged up 2 lines for us noobz (me and @Monk) to covert absolute pro umbex urbseil down the shaft to have amooch around the mine!

Top day, the mine is bloody huge, unfortunately we didn’t find the bridge of death as we only had wellies and it was a tad too deep for us to carry on that way. So a return trip isin order.

As I said earlier, Moel Fferna wasn’t to let me down. As I was trying to ascend out of the chamber I put all of my weight on my right leg pushed up and POP my knee let go. I managed to get myself out and hobble back to the car. Turns out I have partially tore a ligament off my bone and damaged my meniscus. YAY. 

All in all another fucking epic mooch with two top blokes in some mint weather conditions playing with ropes, beers, mines and cameras.

AWESOME

Update. So I have been to the fracture clinic I'm awaiting a scan but the consultant is very confident i have torn my cartilage and will need keyhole surgery. Great

History

Early workings tended to be in surface pits, but as the work progressed downwards, it became necessary to work underground. This was often accompanied by the driving of one or more adits to gain direct access to a Level. In some rare instances, such as here (Moel Fferna), there is no trace of surface workings and the workings were entiely underground.

Moel Frerna has chambers which follow the slate vein, connected via a series of horizontal Floors (or 'Levels'). The chambers vary in size and are divided by 'pillars' or walls which support the roof. The floors are connected by 'Inclines' which used wedge-shaped trolleys to move trucks between levels.

At Moel Fferna a team could produce up to 35 tons of finished slate a week. In 1877 they received about 7 shillings a ton for this. After paying wages for the manager, clerks and 'trammers' the company could make a clear profit of twice this amount. This system was not finally abolished until after the Second World War.

Pics

Here we are at the top of the airshaft whilst @EOA rigs it up. (don’t we look like pros?)

@monk abseiling in. we did have an electron ladder there too but its bloody awkward so it was easier to just abseil in past it.

@EOA urbseiling in

The first few sections of the mine are very damp and a pain to photograph due to the amount f moisture in the air.

This was the flooded section. It was just above wellies but we couldn’t be arsed getting wet feet. @EOA did though because he is a balloon.

@Monk snapping away

It’s hard to gauge the size of these chambers even with myself in the shot you don’t get a true feel for the sheer scale of them

Pikied carriages

RIP ladder

Some of the Graff

33ri3 wheelbarrow pushed around by the headless mine man. On the 12th hour of everyday you can hear the squeak of the pikied wheel.

There was plenty of cool little walkways between the chambers. A winch still in situ up at the top too.

The most photogenic rusty old pump in existence.

Last but not least another groupshot underneath the cog support.

Oh and if anyone is interested a quick video chucked together.
      <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dc_8V5x3KDo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>