KentuckyUrbex

USA The Historic And Decaying Fisher-Byington Mansion in Danville, Kentucky

Hi everyone, this is the historic Fisher-Byington House in Danville, Kentucky. It's a large, brick antebellum mansion that is sadly slated for demolition in the coming weeks. It would have been saved most likely had it not been for the fact that it now finds itself located in the middle of a business district, and not among other homes of its era. 

Just realized its your first post on here so welcome to the forum, be great to see some reports from places in your area, let me know if you need help with anything :)

Thanks for the welcome Lenston, I've been looking for a forum on which to share my explorations and this seems like a great place already. There's no shortage of abandoned and decaying locations in my area of the US, and I really enjoy documenting them in a way that others will hopefully enjoy. 

That's a cool video, the music gives a creepy atmosphere at the beginning and you obviously know a lot about the building. Looks like a beautiful house, especially the stained glass. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum :thumb 

Hi and welcome to Oblivion State! Really nicely put together video and as @The_Raw has already said you're very knowledgable about the history of the place, an interesting place indeed. That pillar at 18:56 looks like it could crumble at any point lol. 

Looking forward to seeing some more as I haven't seen a lot from that area and if you need a hand with anything just shout :thumb

Thanks so much @The_Raw, @hamtagger, @Merryprankster for your kind words. It's a house in my hometown, and had some help from the local historical preservation society to gain access and to gather the information I needed for the narration. The far left column does look as thoough it's close to coming down @hamtagger, it needed an estimated 1 million dollars in renovation, and thats definitely part of that estimate. @Merryprankster, I'm glad you enjoyed it even though videos usually arent your thing, I appreciate that. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By obscureserenity
      Town Mansion 

History

The Town Mansion was originally built in 1912 by a wealthy petroleum importer. During the early 20th century, the area in which the mansion was built, had become a hub for many rich German families in the early 1900's. By 1918, once the First World War had come to an end and the town was heavily damaged by the intense bombing raids at the start of the war and then German occupation of Belgium in 1914. Only two houses in that street survived, the Town Mansion being one of those. It was then later occupied by a Belgium shipbuilder until the late 1960's, when it was used as an office space. The mansion was abandoned in 1991 and hasn't been formally resided in since.

Visit

Visited with @PROJ3CTM4YH3M and a non forum member. As I recall it was a particularly hot spring day and we all excited to see this location, partly to escape from the intense heat. Once we got inside we spent a short amount of time wandering around before we eagerly started taking our pictures. I can confidentially say that this is one of the grandest mansions in Belgium I have visited. I did wonder what the lives of the families that once inhabited it were like and the memories they must have had. It was a very enjoyable explore for me and as always, I hope you enjoy my photos!

If you got this far, thanks for reading 
    • By southeastcolo
      Hello everyone I’m new here but have explored since I was a teen and only recently decided to document my explorations on video. Here’s one of them I hope you all enjoy!!!

• By yonaguni
      The Crying Grave of Westfield NJ USA...It belongs to the Hamm Family and its called the Resurection angel..it also says when this angel sounds its trumpet the dead shall rise..

It looks like its crying

https://www.facebook.com/jim.parris.39/videos/10151558943622645/

The Same cemetary holds the graves of Whitney Houston and her daughter

it also holds the bodies of the list family..their father john list killed them all one by one to save their souls..he escaped remarried and was caught by the tv show americas most wanted..he died in prison
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_List

• By UrbanBeginner1
      It's been a while since I've posted anything. I though I would share something really cool, this is the Kenosha Theater. I have a thing for old movie palaces and I could not pass this up especially since I live pretty close to it. It technically isn't abandoned since a man owns it, but he dosen't have the money to fix it so it sits in it's abandoed state. I will also add that he does give tours to anyone. That's all I have to say so enjoy the decay.