Certain parts of longbridge that were left look amazing from previous reports, before my time unfortunaltely but i was still determined to check out every nook and cranny around the area just in case we had missed something! Ive been up the area a handful of times over the last year and despite the ever evolving building site and quite a few failed attempts eventually Lucan and I were able to have a look at the last few bits.

Not much information about this place,

This used to be part of the body shop areas for a Factory. The shelter is unique about 400ft long, it was constructed out of brick and reinforced concrete; using a cut and cover method with a possibility of mining. It has possibly been used for storage since the war. Sadly the Body shop itself has been demolish over a decade ago… this is all that left.

I thought the way it was built is really curious, looking at aerial photos from the time the rest of the shadow factory was constructed it appears to have been built after westworks factory was already there. 

Hopefully ill turn up some more info.

24459309295_82e477201b_k.jpg

24163707280_645a5a6387_k.jpg

24091531629_a1d15e329b_k.jpg

24376880271_6d69019990_k.jpg

24376886971_e03485e495_k.jpg

24459358565_feb331bcfe_k.jpg

24376907751_25c7913f8a_k.jpg

24459381085_89d2145e2c_k.jpg

24459391515_186a904cc9_k.jpg

24351081572_a4ed0064c0_k.jpg

24376958181_dba53d5078_k.jpg

24351114012_bdffd0d7ef_k.jpg

thanks for looking :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ACID-REFLUX said:

Nice work :thumb and nice to see a different section.

I think i"m one of the few that"s not been down here yet :violin:Maybe i"ll get my finger out before it"s all gone 

wouldn't leave it too long  , the building site is progressing quickly

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      Due to annoying incidents quite well known. Meanwhile, a lot was looted here and destroyed as much by vandalism.
      Visited May 2018 with @The_Raw and @Miss.Anthrope.

• By urbexdevil
      It’s been a while for various reasons but I am back and hitting the “move along, nothing to see here” central resource library… no seriously, nothing to see here.

So after a brief chat with who turned out to be a long time reader and follower through instagram, we chose a spot to meet and hit the central resource library.

Now to be honest, I was pre warned over a year ago that this place is absolutely trashed and I can confirm exactly that but it’s one I can now tick off the list.

There’s not much to see, unless smashed windows and terrible graffiti is your thing so there is a lack of photos and hardly warranting a report, but here we go anyway!

History wise? It’s a library… it closed and moved to a new location, that’s pretty much all I can say!

• By Andy
      Only a few quick shots, taken without a tripod.
      I don't know when the chapel (called "Capel Zinc") was built, it was a subsidiary tabernacle for the now Holy Trinity Church in Corris.
      Chairs has been removed and apparently the property is now used by a flower grower.
      Visited with @The_Raw and @Miss.Anthrope.

• By jane doe
      This was an old explore from 2012 , the church and school closed in  1977  and Im not sure if its still empty or has been redeveloped  

• By Doug
      A couple of days ago I went up into a local forest to search for a tiny old school.
      There are no location details online so it kind of was like looking for a needle in a haystack so finding something was better than nothing at all  
      No, the music isn't from Psycho