The_Raw

UK Sea Containers House, London - April 2016

Wanted to have a crack at this one for ages, it's been done a lot over the years but seemed to have fallen off the radar since renovations took place. The scaffolding has now gone unfortunately. I headed up with @extreme_ironingand it didn't disappoint. Bit of a pain getting up there (or 'fun' as EI described it....) as they'd removed many of the ladders from the scaffolding but well worth the effort. Once up top it felt very exposed due to the brightly lit neon signs. We had to hide from police boats patrolling the Thames, not to mention the smokers on the balcony directly beneath us who were attending a full blown party on the top floor. The views were pretty decent up here but it's all about getting up close and personal with those neon signs which I won't ever look at in the same way again. Right, enough babble, some brief history of the place and some pics: 

Sea Containers House was originally conceived as a luxury hotel. Its location near to the City of London led to the decision to complete it instead as office space. Its name comes from the former long-term tenant, Sea Containers. In Spring 2011, a process began to gain planning permission for an extensive internal and external refurbishment of Sea Containers House. The east and west wings, which face the Thames remain offices, with global advertising and marketing agency Ogilvy & Mather moving in August 2015. The south wing was renovated as the Mondrian Hotel London, bringing at least part of the building back to its original intended use.

Most pics are mine with a few from extreme_ironing thrown in (no-ent.re).

1. The now completed Kings Reach Tower sits directly behind Sea Containers House (nicked this pic from google images because I'm too lazy to go back and take my own, sorry)

26193745412_9143210c88_b.jpg

2. It's difficult not to stand out like a sore thumb up here

25580854744_58d851dbc6_b.jpg

3. Blackfriars bridge & station with St Pauls Cathedral and the 3 Barbican towers in the background 

26093192132_e0ca15ac58_b.jpg

sc1200-2.jpg

5. Tower Wharf

25912419350_0648316ac3_b.jpg

6. London Eye in the background  

26118930581_579b0cbef4_c.jpg

7. London Television Centre, home of ITV

26159364906_b3087eda6f_b.jpg

26119179611_bf2728cee9_b.jpg

26119351131_1e8fc5c0f5_b.jpg

10. All about dem neon signs!

sc1200-1.jpg

sc1200-3.jpg

12. The Oxo Tower with Waterloo bridge in the distance

sc1200-4.jpg

25580768864_3687583d97_b.jpg

Thanks for looking :D 

Spot on you two. Do like the look of this and yes, I passed One Blackfriers the other day and thought, I must keep an eye on this, going to be 50 stories when its finished :)

Great set of pics mate

Really nice pictures, im very envious of the view, especially as I got caught in London trying to the a roof in canary Wharf and a dickhead secca kept me locked in a cabin for half an hour.

Holy fuckballs. That's some stunning pics ov London there. Fuck me. Neon and views epic bloody stuff. Gratz and more like this please lol.

On 11 April 2016 at 4:07 AM, coolboyslim said:

Holy fuckballs

times 10 :D 

Ace stuff mate :thumb 

Pic 4,10,11,12 are broken however?

Was absolutely gutted when I went to have a crack at this and the scaffolding stopped 2 bloody floors from the roof. Grrrrrrr!  I believe it's now been dismantled completely.

On 5/17/2016 at 11:33 AM, Maniac said:

Was absolutely gutted when I went to have a crack at this and the scaffolding stopped 2 bloody floors from the roof. Grrrrrrr!  I believe it's now been dismantled completely.

I can confirm that the scaffold is still there, but as you say, its about 2 floors short of the roof :(