Vief

Other Patarei Prison permission visit July 2015

I haven't been here for a while, sorry for that. I will try to catch up with you!

I have visit The Patarei Prison in Estonia last summer. For the amount of €2 you can undertake a self-guided ‘urban exploration’ tour. This prison has a long history and I tried to find some info about it, but there's not much to find. It's even not on wikipedia.
I only knew that it used to be a really bad prison. This site will give you the most detailed information about this fortress. http://www.academia.edu/3767226/Patarei_Prison_Tallinn_problematic_built_heritage_and_dark_tourism
It's a big complex and I don't think I have seen everything. There are no signs, so I didn't know in what kind of room I was. Now I figured out that one room was "the hanging room". Pretty creepy to know that I was there. 
I hope you enjoy my set. I'm still working on some photos, there was just so much too see!

26193611645_64b854afe3_c.jpg

26326303586_6d5cfb846a_c.jpg

25274587545_27cdc1e885_c.jpg

26101780120_013cb3a8aa_c.jpg

26329304461_4a99c9f246_c.jpg

26139726290_6f14f41b25_c.jpg

25943290173_72125f2d30_c.jpg

26553638056_1b71cca1d8_c.jpg

Wow that looks like a really interesting place to look around. That medical room is amazing.

:comp: 

Great place. Worth to use the opportunity of a permission visit.

13 hours ago, Andy said:

Great place. Worth to use the opportunity of a permission visit.

Yeah it's definitely worth it. I would do it again if I had the change and come on what is €2 the spend al whole day in Prison :-P

Wow what an amazing place and photos :D This will be featured as one of our favourite reports on the facebook page next week :thumb 

3 hours ago, The_Raw said:

Wow what an amazing place and photos :D This will be featured as one of our favourite reports on the facebook page next week :thumb 

Ow what a suprise!! Tnx :D

Stunning report for sure, all for €2 money well spent I'd say :lol: 

Was wondering if the hanging room is in this collection - just my morbid curiosity!

3 minutes ago, jones-y-gog said:

Stunning report for sure, all for €2 money well spent I'd say :lol: 

Was wondering if the hanging room is in this collection - just my morbid curiosity!

Tnx. Jup it's number 7 :-P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By obscureserenity
      Campina Youth House

Haven't seen this one posted anywhere so I decided to chuck a quick report up on it. I would say this particular location could be described as disused rather than abandoned, as it looked like there was redevelopment work going on when we arrived. Hence why it is so nice and pristine. Anyway, onto a little bit of history I found..

History

The Youth House was orginally built as a leisure centre in Campina. A city situated roughly around the South East of Romania. It was constructed by local authorites in order to create a space for young people to participate in a range of sporting activities such as: aerobics, matrial arts and boxing. It was also established in order to promote culture and education and the house provided various facilities for the arts. The Youth House hosted a large auditorium to  showcase fairs, exhibitions, conventions, concerts and festivals. 

Visit

Visited with @darbians and @Gigi on a long weekend trip to Romania. We were driving past and saw what we orginally thought was a hotel and decided to check it out. Finding this place was defintely an unsuspected susprise and I'm very glad we decided to pull over. I really enjoyed photographing this one and I espiecally liked the mosiacs which reminded me of the ones at Buzludzha I had seen the previous year. I hope you enjoy my report!

When you find a window open on the top floor, gotta get a few photos from the roof 

Thanks for reading!

• By bob
      urbex quickie

• By bob
      Sooo I just got an IR converted D70 (590nm) and I went to test it in the well known Terres Rouges, trying to more or less emulate the Aerochrome look... I'm a it bummed as the lens I used has a hotspot in IR and I didn't notice it before going home...

I guess this wont be for anyone's taste ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• By SpiderMonkey
      Visited this one with @AndyK! and @darbians as the first real stop on a big week-long derp bonanza of some sort, after two fails the day before this (after a 12+ hour drive). 
      We had checked it out the night before, without much luck, so as it was getting late, and we were all suffering massive sleep deprivation, we decided to turn in for the night. 
      But before leaving town in the morning for the next few stops, we decided to have another try with the help of daylight, and it sure paid off. 

I can't find a lot of history on this place, it seems to be quite the 'ghost' online, but it does boast some pretty epic vintage machines. What's interesting here is that it is all preserved so well, yet there are no signs of potential conversion into event space or something similar, which is something that happens a lot with these kinds of places. 

Photos - 

Cheers 😎

• By Ninurta
      Polyana, Djantukha and Akarmara - former mining settlements in Abkhazia, located in the Aldzga river valley, 10-12 km east of Tkuarchal. After collapse of the Soviet Union and Abkhaz–Georgian conflict it was almost abandoned.