Urbexbandoned

UK Worthen Farmhouse - Shropshire - April 2016

History

I don't have much history on this place. I now that the former resident passed away some time ago and apparently her son couldn't bring himself to sell the house or sort it out so it has been left to decay naturally.

The Explore

Visited with my better half @hamtagger  :wub: , we had been meaning to visit this place for some time but with other places popping up we had decided to hit this on the way back from a weekend in Wales. Nicely situated this, set away from any prying eyes but then we noticed the tractor in the field opposite who had his eyes on us, Didn't give us any trouble and when his back was turned we quickly made our way in.

One thing I love about cottages and old houses is that when places are littered with articles like they are here it gives you a really nice picture to work with as to what the person was like that lived here. This place, aside from looking like it had been a little ransacked was no exception. There were momento's, photographs and personal belongings everywhere. The cars are as they have been Iv'e seen in previous reports and we even found some Insurance covernotes which matched some of the cars out back. Nice little touch. A lot of pics I have seen from here have been a bit samey so I wanted to focus on other bits I'd found.

I found it quite interesting how one side of the house was literally being held on by wallpaper, there were massive cracks running right down. Pushed it a little, it wobbled, I left it alone :D 

Anyway, on with the pics

27253466514_0dc569c1c2_b.jpg

27250868694_b52503b74f_b.jpg

27786932071_a0ed7db586_b.jpg

27786927741_db1cf52399_b.jpg

27761487002_2cf4743eae_b.jpg

27828413566_681b7193d6_b.jpg

27862631085_3dd3d27271_b.jpg

27862626135_2be2e07469_b.jpg

27862620475_ccd5324a86_b.jpg

27786899001_5ca3cf1e85_b.jpg

27828403886_fbe0891116_b.jpg

27786892471_ca3691ebfb_b.jpg

Cheers for lookin!

Really love that dismantled watch shot in particular. The cars in the garden were a nice little bonus too :) 

Handy to have a bedpan in that bedroom too :wink:

:comp: 

Feckin awesome!!!!

You've done a crackiing job of capturing this in a different way to all other reports.

Its a great collection and shows a sympathy for the previous occupants.

On 2 July 2016 at 11:10 PM, hamtagger said:

Really love that dismantled watch shot in particular. The cars in the garden were a nice little bonus too :) 

Handy to have a bedpan in that bedroom too :wink:

:comp: 

Thanks lovely, yes it did come in handy haha! 

On 3 July 2016 at 5:27 PM, Andy said:

Some very nice details there.

Cheers Andy :thumb

On 15 July 2016 at 11:01 PM, jones-y-gog said:

Feckin awesome!!!!

You've done a crackiing job of capturing this in a different way to all other reports.

Its a great collection and shows a sympathy for the previous occupants.

Ah thanks mate, don't like things to be samey :) 

On 16 July 2016 at 1:21 AM, coolboyslim said:

Stunning shots and good report.. lovely little time capsule..

4 hours ago, Jamie_P said:

Love this report Tracey! Captured some really nice shots :D

Thank you Jamie, :D