Sign in to follow this  
franconiangirl

Germany Small Brewery - September 2016

I don´t have much information about the small brewery which is located in the south of Germany. The current owner is a guy from England, who disappeared some years ago. Since then, the building has been left to decay. The story hit some headlines in the local newspapers. 

Small, but I loved it anyway!

DSC_0698.JPG.7b4c54de9a7503f426b421388d62a510.JPG

DSC_0742.JPG.755fc6695c54efffd1ae13483b82a340.JPG

DSC_2593.JPG.bbf45436b5642d5977d6392c67b99a80.JPG

DSC_0701.JPG.907d5ebce023d57f450847c5d69ae009.JPG

DSC_0747-Bearbeitet.JPG.f417e0700d516f04a972d500177bcfba.JPG

Edited by franconiangirl
Date added to title

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By DirtyJigsaw
      Hello!

Been abit lazy with uploading explores so heres another one from 2016. Another rooftop (when it was much easier with less Youtube Goons)

Anyways, noticed the scaffold up the side of the building, so after a late shift at work i headed into London for a solo explore. Small roof but the view was awesome

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by

OPD by
      Thanks for looking in

DJ
    • By DirtyJigsaw
      All,

Not sure if this should go in here as it was nearly 3 years ago now? Please feel free to move it if need be.

At the time there was scaffold up at the building side as it was closed due to refurbishment.
      Some info from the internet:
      Hayward Gallery is one of the world’s leading contemporary art galleries. Since it opened in the summer of 1968 with an exhibition by Henri Matisse, Hayward Gallery has played a crucial role in presenting work by some of the world’s most significant artists.
      Between September 2015 and 24 January 2018, the gallery was closed for a two-year refurbishment project to restore our iconic 1960s arts venues to a world-class standard. The focus of the refurbishment project in Hayward Gallery was to restore its 66 glass pyramid rooflights in order to let controlled natural lighting into the upper galleries for the first time, transforming the experience of the hundreds of thousands of visitors we welcome every year.

The stone floors of the gallery have also been replaced, the iconic sculpture terraces have been repaved and new climate control and other essential building services have been installed to ensure that Hayward Gallery can continue to present its programme of world-class exhibitions.

So myself, Sweetpea and @Letchbo found ourselves climbing our way up to the top. The roof isnt that high so we were in view of passers-by and people waiting up the bus stop so had to be quick.

We grabbed afew photos and watched the Southbank security milling around down below unaware us 3 were on the roof

Hayward by

Hayward by

Hayward by

Hayward by

Hayward by

Hayward by

Hayward by

Hayward by

Cheers for looking

DJ

• By Hooismans
      History
      This coal mine was established in 1910 and was funded by the Prussian empire. This facility contained two elevator towers. In 1912 the construction began on a cokes plant right next to the coal mine. 
      In 1943 the mine shut down due to the second world war, after 6 years the mine reopened again. With this reopening there was also a major renovation, with this renovation there was a larger modern elevator added to the facility. In 1998 the facility was bought by a big coal mining corporation which owned 5 other coal mines. In 2008 the  98 year old coal mining facility was closed down by the government. The historic part is currently being restored and the part that was renovated after the war will probably be torn down. 

Explore
       when we got in we first went trough a whole system with conveyer belts, after that we ended up in the huge coal washery. after we explored this part we went up into the elevator tower. The tower was 10 floors high so we were quite tired then we were on the tower but it was really worth it, in the tower there was an enormous electrical lift motor which was really nice to take pictures from. It was a really cool place to explore, I really enjoyed it! I also made a documentary about this place, the video is down below this post (it is in Dutch, but it has english subtitles) 

Here is the video i made on this place

• By obscureserenity
      Haus der Offiezere

My first report. I have had this account for about a year but never posted anything from fear of my photos not being good enough to post. Decided to pluck up the courage to start contributing more but I apologise if there are any mistakes. Anyway, on to the history!

History

The Haus der Offiezere was originally established as a shooting range between Kummersdorf and Jüterbog in 1888. It wasn't until 1910, when construction of the Berlin to Dresden railway line took place, it was decided that due to it's location, Wunsdorf held a significant strategic advantage for the German forces. Because of this it became a military headquarters two years following. A telephone and telegraph office was built in 1912. By the start of the first world war, Wunsdorf had already become Europe's largest defence base, boasting 60,000 acres of land. A year later, the first mosque built in Germany was founded on this site. This was to accommodate for the Muslim POW's (prisoners of war) that were being held in the facility. They were known as the Halbmondlager or Crescent Moon camp.

Once the First World War had come to an end, the Wunsdorf Headquarters was converted into a military sports school a year later in 1919. It was even used to train athletes for the Olympic games in Berlin in 1936.  During the uprising of the Third Reich, a network of highly modernised tunnels and bunkers were built, including a communications centre, known as the Zeppelin. A year Maybach I and II were built which coincided with the Zeppelin bunker. A ring tunnel connected all the bunkers to each other and were disguised as ordinary homes on the ground, to avoid suspicion from spies within the allied forces. The construction of these bunkers weren't completed until 1940, a year after war was declared in Europe. From 1943 the Haus der Offiezere was temporarily converted into a hospital to treat wounded German soldiers.

Two years later, in 1945 the Red Army had invaded East Germany and quickly seized control of Wunsdorf. This was when it was renamed the Haus der Offiezere which translates to House of the Officer. During Soviet occupation of Wunsdorf in the GDR, the Haus der Offiezere became a place of art and culture. The former sports halls and gymnasiums were torn down and replaced with elaborate theatres and concert halls. Daily deliveries of supplies came all the way from Moscow on a direct train line and the locals nicknamed it 'little Moscow' due to the number of roughly 60,000 Russian inhabitants. This continued for almost 50 years, until the reunification of Germany in 1990 when  it was handed back to the state. The last remaining Russians eventually left in 1994 and it has remained unoccupied since.

Visit

The photos I have compiled for this post were taken on two separate occasions. Wanted to give a good representation of the location, as there is a lot to see. Unfortunately some of my photographs were taken when I first started getting into the hobby, so I hope they do enough justice and excuse the quality of said images. Second visit was on a solo trip to Germany, giving me plenty of time to explore and document this location.  I hope you enjoy my report!

Externals

Internals

If you've got this far, thanks for reading!