SpiderMonkey

Italy Black Turbines - April 2015

This small hydroelectric power station originally powered the neighboring Crespi textiles factory that closed some time ago.
Before we came here we were aware that the building was possibly alarmed, but determined to see the industrial deliciousness inside, we carried on. 

On our approach we were hiding in the woods, dodging dog walkers and cyclists, but it was SO worth it.. Even if I did only manage about 3 photos after setting of the alarm :) 
Visited with @PROJ3CTM4YH3M, Kriegaffe9 and @AndyK!

Not a lot of information here I know.. But hopefully these will make up for it - 

33595444711_05e426b6e6_c.jpg

33724373695_39c43fcd4f_c.jpg

33340053420_dc471c9a1b_c.jpg

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      I discovered this beautiful cemetery during planning my last trip to Italy this summer. Our accommodation was nearby, so we visited the cemetery.
      In addition to beautiful statues, I also found several old tombs there, which partly seemingly fell into oblivion and are no longer maintained. Fortunately, most of these mausoleums were not locked, so I was able to take pictures inside of them.

History
      The monumental cemetery behind the basilica already existed in the beginning of the 17th century, probably even much earlier. It was redesigned and enlarged by galleries with urn graves in 1870. Today it's considered one of the most beautiful burial places of the region.
      Because its place is limited, older tombs sometimes are  auctioned for a new use. Recently, a grave monument for two persons was sold for 19,000 euros in the summer of 2018.

• By Andy
      This villa with its many wall and ceiling paintings (also named "Villa twins", "Villa Sofa", "Villa F." and so on) has already been known for a long time in the UE scene. Located on a hill above a small villige, access was easy. Unfortunately I don't know when the house was built and when it was abandoned.
      Annoyingly, in the past stupid idiots have damaged and destroyed some things there by vandalism. So, for example, the striped sofa in the entrance hall and the red sofa on the first floor.

• By Andy
      Not much to say about this house in Italy. Inside largely empty, but still with some murals, a broken piano, a stroller and especially many bats on the ceiling of one room. These were fantastic, I really love bats!  

• By Andy
      I visited the stately villa in the eastern center of Italy this summer. The access was quite easy, you just had to crawl between the gate, which lacked a metal bar. The chapel with family crypt is located in a separate building, which gradually become overgrown from the outside.
      I was told that the property would still be used by a gardener. Fortunately, nobody was there during our visit.

• By Andy
      Another find via the satellite images of Google Earth. Several buildings behind a small forest with partly broken roofs. On Streetview you could only see a overgrown gate and a column with fancy animals. A castle? A mansion? So I drove there to check it.
      We parked a little further along the roadside and walked across a field to the property. Next door were still inhabited houses, so we tried to be quiet.
      There was actually a small villa, but plain on the outside and, in addition, unfortunately locked and not accessible.. Next to it was a large hall, inside many figures of carnival parades, made of papier-mâché and plasticine.
      A strange estate, but at least a few exceptional subject for photos.