Urbexbandoned

UK Bletchley Park - Milton Keynes - May 2017

History, of which I (believe it or not!!) didn't steal from another poster!!

Bletchley Park was the central site for British codebreakers during World War II. It housed the Government Code and Cypher School (GC&CS), which regularly penetrated the secret communications of the Axis Powers – most importantly the German Enigma and Lorenz ciphers. The official historian of World War II British Intelligence has written that the "Ultra" intelligence produced at Bletchley shortened the war by two to four years, and that without it the outcome of the war would have been uncertain.

There were 16 huts, mostly timber built. Some of those are still on site, most are demolished. One of them, Hut 4 which was used for Naval intelligence is now used as a restaurant for the museum.

There were quite a few brick built blocks too, most of which still stand on the site. Block A: Naval Intelligence. Block B: Italian Air and Naval, and Japanese code breaking. Block C: Stored the substantial punch-card index. Block D: Enigma work, extending that in huts 3, 6, and 8. Block E: Incoming and outgoing Radio Transmission and TypeX. Block F: Included the Newmanry and Testery, and Japanese Military Air Section. It has since been demolished. Block G: Traffic analysis and deception operations. Block H: Tunny and Colossus (now The National Museum of Computing).

Explore

I visited with @hamtagger & @Session9. We had wanted to visit this place for some time and as we were making our way through the H & V's of Milton Keynes I was vocally expressing my reminiscence at the days I used to take journeys to go raving and got pretty excited when we came across V7 Saxon Street!

Anyway when we got there I was quite surprised that this sat literally in the middle of a really built up area. We had a nice dander round Block G and then through to Block D. I really enjoyed it, very leisurely explore. No one around, at all. Everything was perfectly silent and at one point I even sat next to a window listening to visitors of the museum talk about how their wife really did make a shit cup of coffee.

I liked the decay, especially in Block D. There was so much memorabilia I could have spent days here just trying to work out what everything was! Really pleased we eventually got around to visiting.

Anyway, on to the pics. (apologies, these are completely non edited as Flickr is stillshit but not as shit as photofuckit)

35917384915_c39883d471_c.jpg

35108413913_15acabc72f_c.jpg

35747808212_3f899f1dae_c.jpg

35917390185_25af1667e0_c.jpg

35917393385_962177d83d_c.jpg

35917395655_1898ae3ed7_c.jpg

35529331070_73048a5cee_c.jpg

35108427523_75957a8ef9_c.jpg

35529332240_430fdf0f53_c.jpg

35529333280_9d04998507_c.jpg

35108433333_f8c96b7a9f_c.jpg

35077675304_a23370f97c_c.jpg

35785605991_8e9cea78e0_c.jpg

35917412445_a8fe77a9b0_c.jpg

35785612751_c128c361f4_c.jpg

35108446013_a7d2c280d1_c.jpg

35917417985_c664f3e8a3_c.jpg

35529330180_72b3ce9b19_c.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Sweet! Nicely shot, good that such a pivotal piece of history remains unvandalised and in good condition. 

• Like 1

Lovely set there T :)

You sure do have a steady hand with your camera, my shots would look like I've been underwater dancing to Happy Mondays without a legged friend :-D

• Like 1

Lovely these, its a good site for sure, i went only recently and nice to see all the gear before anything changes :thumb 

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, Conrad said:

Sweet! Nicely shot, good that such a pivotal piece of history remains unvandalised and in good condition. 

Thank you :) No vandalism at all in D Block, always nice :)

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, Session9 said:

Lovely set there T :)

You sure do have a steady hand with your camera, my shots would look like I've been underwater dancing to Happy Mondays without a legged friend :-D

Thanks mate, hahaha! I will make sure you demonstrate this under water dancing next time I see you :D 

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, Lenston said:

Lovely these, its a good site for sure, i went only recently and nice to see all the gear before anything changes :thumb 

Most definitely Lee, I really liked this :)

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:35 PM, Andy said:

Really nice detail shots!

Thanks Andy :) 

2 hours ago, AndyK! said:

Some cracking detail shots there

Thank you Andy :) 

'Twas a great day's mooching and brilliant to catch up with @Session9 again :thumb

Same as Geoff says, your hand is steadier than a tripod :shock:. Love the 'focus' in pic 12 :) 

:comp: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hamtagger said:

'Twas a great day's mooching and brilliant to catch up with @Session9 again :thumb

Same as Geoff says, your hand is steadier than a tripod :shock:. Love the 'focus' in pic 12 :) 

:comp: 

Always a pleasure bud :)