Landie_Man

UK E.P. Bray, Chisworth Dye Works, Glossop – July 2017

E.P. Bray, Chisworth Dye Works, Glossop – July 2017

So during a fairly unsuccessful road trip of a 20:4 fail ration on a huge 650 mile round trip, Northern Road Trip, Mookster and I arrived here.  Nestled next to a public footpath; access was pretty easy, and although stripped, I rather enjoyed this one.  Some lovely colours and decay going on inside.

What I will say is; there are signs everywhere warning of Lead Chromate contamination inside from the production of coloured dyes.  It is absolutely everywhere! Lovely…..!  

Built at the end of the 18th or in the early 19th centuries; Chisworth Works was as a cotton band manufactory.  During these times, the site was called “Higher Mill”. It appears that the original building was extended twice to the rear in its past, as there are noticable lines in the mortarwork and mismatches in the courses along the south-west elevation.

It is thought that these extensions took place before 1857 because the building line remains the same on the maps until 1973. The site was used as a dyeing works by 1973; and there was a large T-shaped extension at the rear which looks to have been added in two stages.

The only change a decade later,  was the construction of a square loading ramp at the front. The outline of the site today is the same as it was in 1984. E.P. Bray  began "winding-up" by 2006 and was dissolved/liquidised and the site shut down in September that year.

36959769312_de292d1035_b.jpg

36294982394_3eac1ae6e0_b.jpg

36959833512_0d336638fa_b.jpg

36960141782_70dd12a142_b.jpg

36960189282_5371845f96_b.jpg

36942357866_855aff5620_b.jpg

37131144325_08f865327f_b.jpg

36942140226_810c94bca6_b.jpg

36989130491_f7168e791c_b.jpg

36960073642_6d0ca5535e_b.jpg

36733495150_92be10bc15_b.jpg

More At:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157685024774162

• Like 3

On 14/09/2017 at 9:30 AM, prettypeculiar said:

love the mixture of colours there 

On 12/10/2017 at 10:51 PM, The_Raw said:

I really like this, nice colours and ferns for the win. 

Thanks guys. I liked it here. A lovely warmth throughout 

Crikey those oranges, did you slide the saturation tab to max or is it really that colourful?

Number 5 has loads of 'Monster' logos :) 

On 26/11/2017 at 12:57 AM, hamtagger said:

Crikey those oranges, did you slide the saturation tab to max or is it really that colourful?

Number 5 has loads of 'Monster' logos :) 

The derp got tangoed :3_grin:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      Due to annoying incidents quite well known. Meanwhile, a lot was looted here and destroyed as much by vandalism.
      Visited May 2018 with @The_Raw and @Miss.Anthrope.

• By urbexdevil
      It’s been a while for various reasons but I am back and hitting the “move along, nothing to see here” central resource library… no seriously, nothing to see here.

So after a brief chat with who turned out to be a long time reader and follower through instagram, we chose a spot to meet and hit the central resource library.

Now to be honest, I was pre warned over a year ago that this place is absolutely trashed and I can confirm exactly that but it’s one I can now tick off the list.

There’s not much to see, unless smashed windows and terrible graffiti is your thing so there is a lack of photos and hardly warranting a report, but here we go anyway!

History wise? It’s a library… it closed and moved to a new location, that’s pretty much all I can say!

• By Andy
      Only a few quick shots, taken without a tripod.
      I don't know when the chapel (called "Capel Zinc") was built, it was a subsidiary tabernacle for the now Holy Trinity Church in Corris.
      Chairs has been removed and apparently the property is now used by a flower grower.
      Visited with @The_Raw and @Miss.Anthrope.

• By jane doe
      This was an old explore from 2012 , the church and school closed in  1977  and Im not sure if its still empty or has been redeveloped  

• By skeleton key
      Thankful there was enough remaining to grab some shots and at the same time have a good giggle
      Splored With Lara,Trog and peaches

In the back area of the stage Lara found some costumes and the silliness began.
      Beds began to roll up and down the corridors .

Better not to ask

I nearly ran straight into secca.
      At first i thought it was another fool dressed up but as Sindbad
      Then realized he was a Sihk Secca lol

This fella was either as deaf as a post or turned a blind eye & I wasnt fussed with either.
      As was more to see and we put a bit of distance between us and the now named Turbanator.

Cheers for looking in