yonaguni

USA The Scammell Mansion

IMG_5750_zpsd8tog1cj.jpg~original

IMG_5746_zpsrjovfv8t.jpg~original

The Scammel Mansion Yardly PA..orginal built in 1790s or so added onto though the ages..the scammel family made porcelin...I used to post on the WeirdNJ site but they closed the fourms..with no explanation so now ill post here..i walked right into this place years ago but now they have built up mcmansions all around it..dont know how accesable it is..but its still there

IMG_5680_zpsb3bacmbj.jpg~original

IMG_5673_zpslcwysyvs.jpg~originalIMG_5699_zpsfhczzwwl.jpg~originalIMG_5693_zpseblfmfxo.jpg~original

IMG_5684_zpsyvsls87y.jpg~original

IMG_5683_zpsedyqzgwt.jpg~originalIMG_5681_zps7ag9opz3.jpg~original

IMG_5674_zpsvztc9mat.jpg~original

ahh death

IMG_5660_zpstp845lgg.jpg~originalIMG_5656_zpsjnj9wvih.jpg~originalIMG_5655_zpsd9mfsrgh.jpg~originalIMG_5648_zpseffrl5mt.jpg~originalIMG_5639_zpsv5vumbit.jpg~originalIMG_5637_zpsoeiyttkt.jpg~originalIMG_5635_zps2lujkoep.jpg~originalIMG_5634_zpsuahbfyyg.jpg~originalIMG_5628_zpsi1kx3wtj.jpg~originalIMG_5625_zpsq4gt9lhz.jpg~originalIMG_5624_zpsmak8ku41.jpg~originalIMG_5611_zpsgohf22bw.jpg~originalIMG_5621_zps6ygw8eaz.jpg~originalIMG_5609_zpszs7fvyhl.jpg~originalIMG_5603_zpssb1rsyxw.jpg~original

I began filimg my walkthoughs because it show better what my experience was...then i began to notice voices when i watched the video later...such as here.. a door shuts on its own...too..let me know what you think...i find the same ghost evidence inthe day light..no walking around in the dark for me...

• Like 1

Unfortunately inside in bad condition. But I like the outside shots with the dried, withered plants at the house.

By the way: The photos are very large and it takes very long to load them. You should reduce its size before publishing so they can be displayed faster. :) 

Wow the house looks amazing from the outside, very much fitting the vision (or mine at least) of what the old American houses all look like. Such a shame about the inside.

Yea it looks great from the outside, quite odd by the looks of this picture;

&title=[USA]%20The%20Scammell%20Mansion%

Good effort. You probably wont find too much response as to your ghostie findings, but we are all interested in the abandonments themselves :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By oysterhead00
      I stumbled on this house a few years ago right after I got my first DSLR.   When I was walking around outside a passerby asked me if I saw a little girl in the window as everybody says they see a ghost there.  Whatever.  Went in and took a bunch of pics (quality isn't that great as I didn't know what I was doing, hadn't discovered the RAW format yet, and had my settings a bit off) and forgot all about it...until a year or so later I saw an article that it had burnt down about a month after I was there and read the story.  Obviously saw the name on the wall, but having grown up a few hours away I hadn't heard the local legend of the crimes and the location.

Depending on where you read Nathanial White either lived here, buried 2 of the victims in the house, or both.  Some say he lived here and the bodies were discovered in a field a bit behind the house, others say this place was already abandoned and he hid 2 bodies there.  Not sure exactly which is true, but you could see the house from a major highway so I stopped to take a few quick pics but was a bit spooked by the passerby.  Not because of the ghost rumor,  but rather being reported to be snooping around.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathaniel_White

https://www.readjunk.com/articles/goshen-ny-the-nathaniel-white-farm-house/

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20150725/NEWS/150729571

• By FaridKhan
      I recently posted a music video of mine filmed in Calirton PA. I wanted to post some of the images I took of the area while I was out there along with a video link incase you didn't;t see it. Hope you like them!

Politicize- Last bullet

• By jakeurbexphotography
      On the outskirts of Fishburn lies the derelict Winterton hospital. Winterton hospital used to be very big however most of its buildings were demolished and this part is the only building that remains of it. All of the windows are boarded up however when we got there it looked like someone had pulled the entire doorway off causing the whole thing to open making an entry so easy. Inside the building is in terrible condition, (similar to St. peter's) with collapsed floors, wallpaper peeling, water damage etc. We also didn't realise at the time that the building had asbestos but luckily we had masks so make sure to bring one if you're planning on going inside. We were unable to access the top floor due to the floor being so bad so we only got photos from the corridor as we came up the stairs. That all being said, winterton hospital does have a lot of history and it is a shame to see it left in such a poor state. 

• By FaridKhan
      Recently I drove over to a town called Clairton in PA. It's about 15 miles away from Pittsburgh. Clairton flourished from the mining of a fuel called coke. It was also the same town the film Deer Hunter was supposed to be filmed in. While things looks great for the town and it’s people, pollution was slowly but surely eating away at the towns people health. Years later when industry left, Clairton stood silent, poor, and broke beyond repair. Large scale cases of cancer sprouted and people soon learned that all the chemicals they were told could do them no harm created a living environment where cancer is now higher in Clairton than that of any other place in the United States. Paradise was truly lost and gave way to abandonment of whole neighborhoods. One of these areas is known as Lincoln Way, an abandoned street of homes. There was a fire years ago there. But the homes were abandoned  a long Tim before the fire. Some speak of a beastly animal prowling the neighborhood forcing residents to flee in  the middle of the night. But I think that's more of a myth like unicorns. Either way it was a really creepy place. An I actually filmed a music video there about suicide awareness. I'm attaching the video and also some pics for you guys to check out. Feel free to send me some feedback on youtube about the video. I film at a lot of different abandoned locations. 

• By XENAVAMOUX
      Hello, so as you can tell (if you go to my profile) I am new here and this is the first post that I hope people will reply too with good advice. So I am a YouTuber that's an aspiring director and writer, and I'm starting off with making youtube videos and something called "the chilling series" about spooky stuff, and the next episode I want to make it about new jersey abandoned mental hospitals  since i am going to be in town soon, I plan to go into Essex County Hospital Center (overbrook asylum) and  Abandoned Soho Hospital, but I'm not quite sure if Overbrook Asylum is even still there, it may be demolished, and I'm not sure how to find out if it is or not cause googling it I don't find much. Also, how do I find the owners to contact them, or do I contact someone else for that? I only want to go in with permission, if not I rather just take pictures and clips outside of it on public property. Any advice will help a lot tbh.

thank you  ❤️