Stussy

UK 1787 Church, Scotland - Oct 15

Just a crappy stripped out church, but something about it would tickle the nipples of a god fearing nun.

But I liked it enough to take a few pictures anyway.

22660263563_78820da135_z.jpg

23204781841_815c105d24_z.jpg

23261272926_d12e9bfe92_z.jpg

22919476739_f3f77a8dd9_z.jpg

I 'm almost sorry you had to look this report, I am scraping the barrel, but I'm not really sorry ;)

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JRHurbex
      I have seen many reports of this place in various places but here is my recent visit. It is looking pretty empty and a fire has caused damage to the floor so certain areas I avoided walking on. Photos are taken with my phone as i didn't take my camera.

1. The History
      Hermitage Mill is built close to the waters of the River Maun which runs alongside the it. Built as a cotton mill in standstone and three storeys high (with basement), it was at first part of the Unwin family's many business ventures. The Unwin family were a dominant force in the cotton and hosiery industry in nearby Sutton-in-Ashfield. In 1782 Samuel Unwin Jnr. and London banker, James Heygate, leased the hermitage site from the 4th Duke of Portland to build their mill. It was the first mill to be built on the Maun after the 'Arkwright revolution'. The original mill building is still standing, though in a state of disrepair with no currently active use. In the 1870s a large brick extension was built to enable the mill to change from cotton-spinning to the manufacture of lace and hosiery and to accommodate the change from water power to steam power. Other additions included an engine house, by 1878, and boiler room.
      The building was sold to Clumber Building Supplies in the 1950s, who then sold some years later to Buildbase, as a builder's merchant. It ceased trading in December 2008, and since then the mill has been left derelict and fenced off. In 2009, Mansfield District Council initially wanted to turn the building into a heritage centre. The council failed to secure funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the mill was put on the market before being acquired by Germane Properties Ltd in 2014
      Since then it has suffered spates of vandalism attacks which have damaged some of its significant architectural features. Plans are afoot to re-use the site and old mill building and in 2017 an application was put forward in July to retain the structure and 18th century style of the site and convert it into a 50-bed care home and 32 assisted living apartments. Works will include repair and replacement of windows, alterations to brickwork, stone work and render - and minor alterations to the lower ground layout. HEB Chartered Surveyors estimated the cost of refurbishing the mill at just over £4.1m. The mill was previously Grade II Listed back in March, 1994.

Pictures

Just a few of the best photos. Also my first report so anything missing or can be improved let me know.
    • By KPUrban_
      Shoreham Cement Works.

Image from the CementKilns website

The works them selves are dug within the chalk pits which the raw materials for the cement was mined from with the production of cement beginning in 1883. The works are in the ideal spot for producing cement as they had river access and later railway access, allowing for the production of over 140 tonnes of cement. 
      In the early 1900's the works had expanded and in the 1940's, they were the first to receive the new Vicker's Rotary Cement Kilns which still stand. As well as the kilns chalk washing mills,clicker stores and Storage Silos were also installed after the second world war.

From then up until the 1990's the plant was throwing out over 500tonnes of cement on average. Along this time a number of improvements had been made to effect production. Unfortunately, in 1991, the works shut due to the technical limitations of the plant which made it inferior to the new facilities. The works also contributed health hazards due to the dust and pollution.

Today, the works stand dormant. The land around is used for vehicle storage and repair, as we also found out on the explore. The site is listed and has plans to be come some sort of "Eco-Village" although the plans are not approved as part of the South Downs project.

Sources
      From many websites, re-written in my own spelling errors and grammatical abominations.

The Photos, mostly consisting of Kilns.

• By KPUrban_
      A small, unique mortuary situated next to the disused hospital it once served in a castle like building.

Notice the editing. It's crap.
    • By Andrew32
      Hi everyone! Been an avid post watcher for a few years on here, been posting to other sites but thought it might be time to branch out

Note to anyone interested in going - Police are on high alert, have seen 2 groups taken away in handcuffs to date, vans are moving in daily removing items from the house. Nothing left to see.

History
      The building is listed with a small write up, but nothing much apart from an artist Charles Robertson living here from 1844 to 1891. The most recent occupant left basically everything behind, Making it a treasure trove of stuff to look through, here's the most i could decipher:
      Last previous occupant was a Mrs De Mello, living quite comfortably in this house until a divorce in 2004 (with many papers to boot) lead down a spiral down in her life
      2013 was the last evidence of paid bills for phones, water etc
      2015 saw things go downhill. Unpaid bills, taxes and car payments all ending with bailiff letters
      Around this time she appeared to run to Brazil, her home country where she appears to have another house
      2018 saw a second spike in bailiff notices, including a brand new letter i found, stating a lawsuit from the Bank of Scotland, because of her failure to show to court the house is repossessed and she owes close to £150k in court fee's.

(Old photo i found)

I don't click bait, but i'll mention at an unknown time it appeared to be used as a brothel before its abandonment. Bedrooms with sex toys, wigs and lingerie amongst photos of kids and toys. Fucked up stuff

Explore
      Having received a tip-off from tonymini, I began scouting as i'd just moved house, and its the same distance to the train station as my old place!!
      The river in the back garden makes rear accessing impossible, the adjacent petrol station and tyre shop makes phone calls to the police, i had to go full stealth.
      Once in its free roam, 1st time i went alone (1st time on my own ever) but i had a lot of fun, staying from 8 to well past 11 just leering at stuff, including laptops and tape players with creepy singing!
      On with the photos:

I do like a good urbex wagon (To save you the effort, car last taxed and mot'd in 2015, lines up with unpaid bills)

The garden was full of miscellaneous furniture, most notably bright red metal bus stop bench seats. No idea why

Just from this first room alone you really start to get a sense of how strange the last owners were...

The power being on really was the cherry on top

No idea if these paintings were from this artist that lived here, there were a lot though

The dining room like other rooms was a mess, but this holds a lot of the nice stuff, including loads of solid marble fireplace surrounds, seemingly not even from the house

The basement, where i spent a while plugging in a laptop to no success, but a tape recorder with a creepy woman singing on it

The first bedroom, note the cinema widescreen tv with ambilight on the right, smashed sadly, and this room being the main had few sex stuff but some interesting photo books

This was one of two bathrooms, both having an identical layout one behind the other

This bedroom held some wigs, jewellery and a rabbit sex toy amongst small boys toys

This room gave the sense of a brothel the most, the bed was almost entirely piled with lingerie, plus the table in the background had a glass chess table and a lava lamp, going for that aesthetic

The final room piled high with mostly normal stuff

That about justifies it, just to note again:

Do not go here, only reason this location is now posted here is because it is emptied and sealed. 

All 266 Photos from this explore can be seen here:
      https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ybH40qZ-RypH5cCohf-W6Ybu9APIDPYb?usp=sharing

• By Sectionate
      When you hit a dry spell exploring, or feel the need to just get out and do something, you can always rely on Dover providing for a good day. This is probably my 5th trip down to dover over the years and it has always provided something fun to do!

I can remember being told about Hougham years ago, but every explorer at the time being convinced it was buried for good. Some explorers a few years ago proved us wrong! Top day out and thanks for the heads up [USER=28543]@obscurity[/USER] and visited with a non-member. The trip was a chance to trial the fisheye I had just purchased!

History:

Hougham Battery is one of a number of coastal batteries established during WW2 along the Kent Coast. It was built in 1941 and manned by men of 520 Coastal Regiment Royal Artillery although by 1942 most of the younger men had been transferred to field regiments and most of those left manning the guns were elderly, including many veterans of the previous war. The battery was located on the north side of the old Folkstone - Dover Road and it was equipped with three 8" Mk. VIII naval guns. Like other coastal batteries, the Hougham battery included the for a deep shelter for personnel in the event of bombardment, these tunnels also accommodated a dressing station that could be converted to a hospital if necessary.
      Historical photographs 1 & Historical Photographs 2

Photos:

One of the entrance tunnels:

One of the collapsed ones!

Fan thingy

Main tunnel

Me (I have never been able to nail these type of shots)...