Hello everyone! :-D

Some months ago I went on a trip to Serbia, and thanks to a member of this forum who gave me advice on some locations I was able to do some good urbex in the meantime!

Here is my report!

(I tried my best searching for info on this place on Serbian websites with the help of Google translate, I hope this is accurate! :) )

DSC09818.jpg

This place is an abandoned luxury hotel in the Sumadija district, Serbia.
The palace is very old: it was built between 1868 and 1872 by the prince Mihail Obrenovic, basing on architect Koste Shreplovic’s design.

Originally built to be the Serbian National Assembly palace, it became the residence for the Obrenovic dynasty when the Serbian capital was moved from Kragujevac to Beograd.

In 1903 a coup took place in Beograd: members of the Obrenovic family were either exiled or killed. But in the following years a railroad was built from the city to Beograd, so the palace became an hotel where all of those who travelled daily from the capital would stay.

In 1964 the hotel was sold to a Serbian company, which bankrupted in the early 2000s.
In October of 2005 it became property of the government, which tried to sell it but without success. Nowadays it still lays abandoned.

DSC09826.jpg

DSC09850.jpg

The most amazing thing of this palace is the dancing hall: it's just too beautiful!

One thing I have to point out is that, even if it has been abandoned since 2005, the building has very little traces of vandalism and it still is in a very good shape. This is exactly the opposite of what happens in Italy.

DSC09844.jpg

Hope you liked my report guys! I'll see you in the next exploration! :wink:

• Like 5

That's a grand looking building :) Thanks for sharing. I've moved it into the 'short reports' section as there's only 5 pics :thumb 

1 minute ago, hamtagger said:

That's a grand looking building :) Thanks for sharing. I've moved it into the 'short reports' section as there's only 5 pics :thumb 

Okay, thank you! :)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By obscureserenity
      Chateau Marianne / Chateau Alchimiste

History

Not much history on this location but it was rumoured to be have been once occupied by a former professor. The chateau is located in a small, rural town in France. The town's residents have halved in the last 40 years and it was beginning to look quite run down. I can imagine the nickname  'Alchimiste' (which means Alchemist in French) came from all the chemistry equipment left behind such as: test tubes, syringes, bottles, cylinders and beakers.  It seems the previous inhabitant was also a bit of an artist, we found many paintings scattered around the house and a large collection in the attic, as well as a small studio in an upstairs room. 

Visit

I visited this beautiful chateau on a euro trip with @PROJ3CTM4YH3M. We went the previous night to check to see if it was accessible and boy we were in for a shock! Neither of us realised how much stuff had been left and how interesting the contents were. We both particularly liked the framed butterfly collection which was hung up in one of the living rooms, as it reminded us of the film 'Silence of the Lambs.'  After a short investigation we decided to return the following day and booked a hotel in a nearby town.  Arriving the next morning once sun had risen, the place was really brought into it's element. So, as always, hope you enjoy my photos!

If you got this far, thanks for reading.
    • By Mumi
      Hi mates, I want to share with you the exploration of an abandoned mansion in Spain witha a 360º camera.  Move your mouse to see whatever you want in the vid! 

• By The Urban Collective
      Smudges 1st ever photographic report - may 2018

Smudges has been known by numerous other names over the years from The Crofters Arms Hotel to McGees to Moghuls Palace but has always retained it's charm and character.
      A true time capsule rotting away in the heart of Bolton. Featuring some stunning hand-carved bars and one of two of this type of revolving doors that exist the other located in a grand hotel in London.

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

Thank you for checking out my pics guys!

Clarky

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

• By The Urban Collective
      Smudges A.K.A The Crofters Arms Hotel and McGees first ever video report May 2018

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

• By Andy
      History

The holiday home was built around 1905 and used as a hotel for almost 50 years.
      In the mid-1950s, it was converted into a recreation home of the NVA (National People's Army of the former German Democratic Republic).

The house was closed and abandoned in the 1990s and in 2003 it was bought by a businessman from Heilbronn.
      However, for this person it apparently only serves as a deduction product for the tax return. Because instead of investing and bringing the building back to life, he ignored it, so it fell into decay.

In recent years, the house has been used as a sleeping place by homeless people and has repeatedly been vandalized. On the upper floor, almost all walls are completely sprayed with very bad graffiti now, but I haven't taken any photos of them.