• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Industrieller
      A nice and fully furnished Maison in a small village in France.

• By teddybear
      It's been a long time that I posted something here. Missing the time for the editing of the photo's. This  was my last explore and it was an underground adventure with the same partner of all the underground explores. It's was an iron mine that closed several decades ago like many others in that neighbourhood.It was a nice walk to find an entrance (not the main entrance ). It was inside warmer than outside.
      This time only one level explored but probably there are more entry's because there was also some kind of elevator (not found thou but other explorer did). There were a lot of collapses places. All the timber was parished  and the metal well rusted. Also some cracks in the ceiling. Nice that there were some painted street names on the wall (some in German, other in French). There was every ware since of life ( fungi's, in white and yellow). Animal bones, one bat and animal excrements that turned in something fluffy by the fungi that were  growing on that). For the rest the mine was well stripped of almost all the rails and cables.
      But never the less, a nice trip.
      1 it's going to be a bumpy ride
      IMG_3050 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      2  hold on to the railing
      IMG_3048-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      3 end of the line
      IMG_3045-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      4 big pulley (fisheye)
      IMG_3041-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      5 tunnel of fungi life in white and yellow
      IMG_3037-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      6 that cart didn't make it out
      IMG_3034 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      7 stack 'm up
      IMG_3031 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      8 light in the" pouderie"
      IMG_3026-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      9 the main tunnel
      IMG_3009-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      10 iron bows
      IMG_3014 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      10 dancing on the ceiling
      IMG_3018-Edit by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

• By jones-y-gog
      Originally opened in 1833 as Connaght District Lunatic Asylum, later changing its name.  I found a very interesting write up on the below link, which is where I copied this -

It was intended for the care of ‘curable lunatics’ and opened in a spirit of optimism with regard to its progressive role in public health. Its history, however, is one of continual struggle: to prevent the admission of unsuitable cases, to secure additional funding and to offer reasonable standards of care under difficult conditions. In common with the majority of other District Asylums, the CDLA was continually overcrowded, housing in November 1900, for example, 1,165 patients in accommodation designed to hold 840.   
      https://www.historyireland.com/18th-19th-century-history/tales-from-the-big-house-the-connacht-district-lunatic-asylum-in-the-late-nineteenth-century/

Exactly a year ago I went over to Ireland with pretty much just 2 locations I was desperately keen to visit. After failing to find any access at the first (another asylum) I drove west. It was a lovely bright, autumnal day and eventually I found myself inside. All was fine for 10-15 minutes until I turned round to find myself face-to-face with a gentleman who I guess was a caretaker of sorts. I hadn't heard him make any noise to alert me he was there and so I was in a mild state of shock! He told me that there had been some recent vandalism but after a few minutes of chatting I managed to persuade him not to evict me or alert the authorities. For that I was incredibly grateful. 

Here is my collection (a bit corridor-heavy)

• By Tanya Rees
      Abandoned shop and home - This place has been abandoned for some time right in the middle of a village, sorry I'm unable to give much more information as these next two posts I have promised not to give out the locations to preserve the site and I would not want to jeopardize my source as I respect them too much to be disrespectful.

• By Tanya Rees
      AMAZING explore. It looks like the owners had started packing up then decided to leave it - her whole life is just left, medication, money, credit cards, glasses, clothes, hundreds of books, electricity still on after 8years !!! Beautiful house with so much history - little gem