Sign in to follow this  
Lenston

UK Ebbw Vale Culvert ( Dunkin Donuts ) Wales - Dec - 2017

A bit of a revisit to see if anything had changed since my last visit in 2014

Well worth a look if your passing. 

Some History 

The Culvert in Ebbw Vale is along the River Ebbw Fawr, a stretch of just over a mile of the river was Culverted in 1937 to accommodate expansion of the steel works. 

The tunnel was originally a brick lined concrete arch for its entire length. In places it has raised walkways on either side, it is well documented that someone died in this Culvert from touching a live wire that some metal thieves had cut some years ago.

Pics

27472367299_4bcf25b71a_c.jpg

27472366459_9c4d6e2415_c.jpg

39219380672_3dabe8cc07_c.jpg

27472365399_5708367711_c.jpg

39247656481_238acddd5a_c.jpg

24385473637_6d0a1ee5bd_c.jpg

39247655731_a85569f758_c.jpg

39247655261_aaebbc70e3_c.jpg

38540051254_bea8c17c9e_c.jpg

Thanks for looking 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Andy said:

Captured very well, the flowing water looks nice with the longer exposure.

Thanks Andy, hope you have a great xmas, look forward to seeing you in the new year :) 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By crabb
      Falcon house. It's been in Swindon since the early days of this towns birth and has been sat empty and abandoned for 16 years.  
      It was said to be the very first headquarters for the well known company zurich, an insurance company, but was promptly moved to a more practical and efficient property.
      The old office block is situated in Swindon town centre on top of a car park right near the entrance to town, which is an eye sore to some but a worthy explore for us. 
      There was nothing much left, only old phones and some really old school computer stuff. 
      It was the view at the end of the video that made it all worth it, being the second highest point in the town aside from the john murray building.  What a view! 
      So please enjoy this video by my good friend and make sure to check out the channel! Have fun out there,
      C

• By jane doe
      A little gem of a place ...went here when  it was guarded by a very irate bull lol  

• By .Gh0ast
      Somewhere in Germany, in a quiet park, lie those beautiful Tanks.
      Quiet park ? Not really, a military barrack nearby often throws training in this park, as the sign explained us kindly. 😂

We were lucky enough to dodge those training, even if i'm pretty sure it doesn't happen more than once a month, but still.

We were not able to find which type of tanks it was, i read on the internet that it could be some M40 Patton or M41 Walker Bulldog,
      but i'm skeptical, as both of them were produced in the early 50's and were used in vietnam war and korea war, far from Germany.
      And, as they were demilitarized and trashed, the clues were hard to find.

However, it was like a scene of war, one Tank crashed near a tree, another one half buried, very dramatic.

Even if it was a short one, it was a very good exploration, with a lot of interesting light and very cool models.

• By Jake Alan Crag
      Hey everyone, so I'm pretty sure everyone's heard of this place so i dont really need to explain much about it, but if you haven't, below is a brief history of Denbigh Mental Asylum.

Grade 2 Listed building.
      Built work started in 1844
      Building work completed in 1848

Built to house up to 200 patients with psychiatric illnesses. In the early 1900's it housed 1537 patients (Approx).
      The hospital had its own farm and gas works.
      Planned for closure by Enoch Powellin the 1960's, however it only began closing in sections between 1991-1995.

Nurses Quarters:

This is genuinely one of the best condition buildings that i have ever explored.

Most of the lower floor windows were covered in either ivy or thick vines, so it got quite dark in some sections of the building.

Now for the hospital itself, my personal favorite photos:

Thanks for reading,
      Make sure to check out my youtube channel Jake Alan Craig for the video and my instagram @exploring_with_jake for regular abandoned photos.

#WereJustTrespassing