I wont bore you with too much history, this place has been done before, and has been done better than my attempt. I just want to share some of my stuff, and hopefully get to know some people on the forum as I am pretty new to urbex.

HISTORY:

St Joseph's College, Upholland is a former Roman Catholic seminary in Upholland, Lancashire, England. The foundation of the large building was laid in April 1880 and college was opened in 1883. The buildings have recently been deconsecrated.

In 1986 the total number of students was down to 82, of whom only 54 were Church students, and it was no longer viable to educate them on the premises. From 1987 the remaining students attended St John Rigby College in nearby Orrell for their schooling, an arrangement that continued until the very last of these students left Upholland in 1992.

My Version =

I was planning on visiting Crank Caverns with a few friends to start our exploring adventures with an easy location, but on route, I found the College.  We parked quite a bit away from the main road into the spot, so I dont even know what that side looks like, but I will be returning.  We approached through the woods, down a public footpath and arrived at the amazing building.  We spent around 15 minutes taking a few snaps, looking at possible entrance points, but by the time we made it around to the cemetary, a friendly security guard came around and informed us that we were trespassing and had to leave. We had a bit of a chat with the friendly bloke before heading off on our way with a bit more information.

My friends and I also run a facebook page where we post all of our outdoorsy stuff, bikes, urbex, 4x4ing, anything really. https://www.facebook.com/0151outdoors/

Anyway, heres some pictures, if anyone here can shed some light on approaching this place with more chance of success, give me a message please.

IMGL6393.jpg

IMGL6392.jpg

IMGL6390.jpg

IMGL6391.jpg

IMGL6389.jpg

IMGL6388.jpg

IMGL6387.jpg

IMGL6386.jpg

IMGL6426.jpg

IMGL6425.jpg

IMGL6424.jpg

IMGL6423.jpg

IMGL6422.jpg

IMGL6421.jpg

IMGL6420.jpg

IMGL6419.jpg

IMGL6418.jpg

IMGL6417.jpg

IMGL6416.jpg

IMGL6415.jpg

IMGL6413.jpg

IMGL6414.jpg

IMGL6411.jpg

IMGL6409.jpg

IMGL6407.jpg

IMGL6406.jpg

IMGL6405.jpg

IMGL6403.jpg

IMGL6404.jpg

IMGL6402.jpg

IMGL6401.jpg

IMGL6400.jpg

IMGL6399.jpg

IMGL6398.jpg

IMGL6397.jpg

IMGL6396.jpg

IMGL6395.jpg

IMGL6394.jpg

IMGL6391.jpg

IMGL6390.jpg

IMGL6388.jpg

IMGL6386.jpg

IMGL6387.jpg

Edited by Urbexbandoned
Adding spaces between pics
  • Like 1

Hey, thanks for sharing your first post with us. St Joes has been around for quite some time and I've heard that of late it has become pretty secure due to being purchased for redevelopment. Someone may be able to help you out though. 

I've edited your thread, just added a space in between pics. Just a bit of constructive criticism too, I'm not rating your watermark. It drags my eye straight to it and therefore detracts my attention from the subject. Generally we usually only post reports from inside somewhere incorporating the exterior too. If you need some help there is a good thread on here to help :) you can also read other reports on here and see what sort of thing is posted :)

thanks for posting, it's nice to see an update on this place :thumb 

• Like 1

Mate you're not boring at all, we all love to hear different perspectives, you've done a great job. St Josephs College may have been done to death but we haven't been there yet and are really pleased you decided to share. I really like the photo where the trees are in focus and the college is in the background, great shot!

• Like 1

Pretty much summed up by @Urbexbandoned really.

Regarding access, while I'm not personally sure what the score is with the place at the moment I'd say that as you're based in Liverpool its not far so you could keep trying - perseverance can often pay off - I can say from experience!  Also from experience I know that the more I got involved, interact, share reports etc then others will be more inclined to help with access and locations.... 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Nikonlover
      Popped out with the new camera yesterday with two friends. Still getting used to it. :D Went to Hi-Finish Castings in Birmingham. 

From what I could find out with paperwork inside the land was bought in 1935 at a cost of £12,000. In between 1935 and 1941 the building was built and an inventory took place in July 1941 at a cost of £25,269. 

Various metals were made for all types of products like wall fittings (Sockets and light fixtures) to car parts(Door handles, wing mirror casing and much more) and they had various clients like Bentley, Ford and Talbot. 

In the early days also Mitchells and Butler where involved in the company. 

Was a great relaxed explore and even though the main factory space was empty (It had some gems) the offices were great. The safe in the toilet had some wonderful paperwork in it detailing the history. What a depressing canteen though. Windows on all sides with a view of a brick wall. Some wonderful gems about if you look though.

Closed in 2008 I believe with a loss of about 42 jobs. Company is no longer about.

Enjoy.
    • By BrotherHoodUrbex
      History
      Margaret Beaven School is a grade II-listed building that was built in 1885 and was designed by Francis Doyle.
      The house was originally called Eddesbury, it was supposedly the last sustainable Victorian house that was built in West Derby.
      It was once occupied by Danson Cunningham a friend of Margaret Beaven who was Liverpool's first woman lord mayor.
      Since the school shut down 13 years ago, the building has been used for filming purposes.

It was reported that in May 2018, there was a large fire that ripped throughout the building, we don't know which parts of the building have been damaged as we have not been back since.

Our Visit
      After driving past this place a few times previous to our visit, we decided to have a look online to see if anyone had visited the site before us and unfortunately we came up empty-handed. After realizing this, we took it upon our selves to go down and try gain access, it took us 3 visits before we finally found an entry point. The access point was hard to get through as it was awkward and a tight squeeze.
      The front part of the building is boarded up and is alarmed, we did manage to gain access but the alarm was unbearable so we decided to just leave it. Once we left, we hung around to see if someone would show up and they did. 
      Overall, the explore was well worth it even though we didn't stay to get pictures of the main building.

• By Landie_Man
      Another backlog from a West Country Road Trip back in late May with Mookster, our American explorer friend and myself.  This was our second stop off on our first day on the trip; our first being Tone Mills, a revisit for me so I haven't done a report, but with Tone its always a pleasure seeing it.  A wonderful site each and every time.  
      The three of us embarked on the large two day road trip in my trusty 1988 Volvo 240 and rocked up in Torrington that morning.  This site has been derelict for absolutely years, but its in the arse end of nowhere so its taken a while to see it.
      -

Closed in 1993; Dairy Crest's Creamery sat on a site which had been a creamery since 1874.  This particular Art Deco site was built in the 1930's to meet needs, but When the government de-centralised milk collection,the creamery was finally killed off and it closed its doors; a severe blow to the area; with around 200 Job losses.

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157699243815344
    • By jakeurbexphotography
      On the outskirts of Fishburn lies the derelict Winterton hospital. Winterton hospital used to be very big however most of its buildings were demolished and this part is the only building that remains of it. All of the windows are boarded up however when we got there it looked like someone had pulled the entire doorway off causing the whole thing to open making an entry so easy. Inside the building is in terrible condition, (similar to St. peter's) with collapsed floors, wallpaper peeling, water damage etc. We also didn't realise at the time that the building had asbestos but luckily we had masks so make sure to bring one if you're planning on going inside. We were unable to access the top floor due to the floor being so bad so we only got photos from the corridor as we came up the stairs. That all being said, winterton hospital does have a lot of history and it is a shame to see it left in such a poor state. 

• By jakeurbexphotography
      Just off the A66 in Darlington, there is an abandoned farm called Little Burdon farm, it has been derelict for at least a decade. It consists of different buildings being from a farmhouse to old barns or stables. There's really two farmhouses, a red brick one and a more modern white house. It also looks like some refurbishment/demolition has taken place but again has been held off or abandoned. The farm was built around the 1830s and is grade 2 listed. There is no security here and is easy to get into all of the buildings. That being said the buildings are indeed derelict so some floors are dangerous and can't be accessed. In the white house building, part of the upstairs floor has been removed due to the refurbishment works but has been left standing as it is.  It also looks like the rooms have been stripped out and all electrics and gas pipes have been removed.