After a work conference, I decided a trip to the rather nice Belfast Mortuary was in order to help cure the immense hangover I had from drinking many pints and many whiskies the night before. 

Closed for a while, and slowly disintegrating from the local delinquents attention. 

Clear and Concise 

27010905131_4deac3e006_b.jpgDSC06568 by Dale Hamilton, on Flickr

Fridges

26804825780_985a0e6910_b.jpgDSC06599 by Dale Hamilton, on Flickr

Fridge Close Up

26475378863_b5db44f794_b.jpgDSC06602 by Dale Hamilton, on Flickr

Main Entrance

27046159016_a95d68b41e_b.jpgDSC06606 by Dale Hamilton, on Flickr

Scales

27079109385_c5a47b97e0_b.jpgDSC06566 by Dale Hamilton, on Flickr

Stainless Slab

26216546064_b6c594817c_b.jpgDSC06584 by Dale Hamilton, on Flickr

Another View

26754503711_ed7519aa61_b.jpgDSC06586 by Dale Hamilton, on Flickr#

The other slab

27010903921_19f5f1ce0d_b.jpgDSC06572 by Dale Hamilton, on Flickr

Drain

27079104025_92d12b89bc_b.jpgDSC06578 by Dale Hamilton, on Flickr

• Like 9

Nice set. I like the different kind of views, like in the pics #3 and #6.

Thanks for posting! We've had a few unsuccessful attempts here over the last few years and it seemed to get more and more locked down each visit.  I swung by here a few weeks ago and was greeted by this....

IMG_7916.jpg

Well that must have been fresh off the slab so to speak. We have been to see this place numerous times over the last 2 years and never seen that reception like that. Nice! 

What with the troubles and all I only wish these walls could talk. Many a story to tell no doubt. Years of ruling the roost in Belfast and then along comes a state of the art Mortuary. Good news for explorers though :) Really nice pics, I like that one of the stainless table with the lamp :thumb 

:comp: 

Very nice collection of pics and some cool angles.

Not sure whether an explore would cure one of my industrial strength hangovers though :unsure:

8 hours ago, jones-y-gog said:

Not sure whether an explore would cure one of my industrial strength hangovers though :unsure:

To be fair, it may have been the massive burger king I had that cured it :D

Still this certainly did help. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By crabb
      Falcon house. It's been in Swindon since the early days of this towns birth and has been sat empty and abandoned for 16 years.  
      It was said to be the very first headquarters for the well known company zurich, an insurance company, but was promptly moved to a more practical and efficient property.
      The old office block is situated in Swindon town centre on top of a car park right near the entrance to town, which is an eye sore to some but a worthy explore for us. 
      There was nothing much left, only old phones and some really old school computer stuff. 
      It was the view at the end of the video that made it all worth it, being the second highest point in the town aside from the john murray building.  What a view! 
      So please enjoy this video by my good friend and make sure to check out the channel! Have fun out there,
      C

• By jane doe
      Snowdown was the deepest colliery in Kent reaching well over 3,000 ft (915 metres). It was also the hottest and most humid pit in Kent and was given the name 'Dante's Inferno' by the miners. Regarded by many as the worst pit to work at in Britain, most Snowdown miners worked naked because clothes became too uncomfortable. The miners could consume around 24 pints (14 lires) of water in an 8-hour shift. There were frequent cases of heat stroke.

Snowdown closed in 1987

• By jane doe
      Established in 1926, G.L. Murphy was a family run business and supplied bespoke machinery to the tanning industry, as well as building rag cutting and cable stripping machinery.  The company also provide refurbishment and renovation works for various machinery types. 

• By crabb
      What's left of the south marston hotel, remains an empty, scorched shell. Not much to see on this one, and I am way to late but hey, it still provides an eerie vibe. And the photos came out pretty good too. Thanks,
      C

• By jane doe
      Predannack opened in 1941 as an RAF base, but today is the satellite airfield to RNAS Culdrose - it is a restricted MOD site and an active airfield used daily for flying training and also provides our Fire Fighting training facility. The area is heavily utilised by Culdrose helicopter squadrons, light fixed wing aircraft and, on an occasional basis by other aircraft types including jet aircraft, for a variety of reasons. Predominantly crews are involved in intensive training sorties involving a high cockpit workload. On average there is in excess of 2000 aircraft moves a month at the unit. The airfield is also used by the Fire Training School for live fire fighting and rescue instruction/exercises and there is also a rifle range at Predannack which is frequently used for live weapon firings. Additionally the airfield is used for a variety of additional tasks when the Control Tower is unmanned e.g. gliding.