• Similar Content

• By jones-y-gog
      This is where Henry lived with his wife Mary and their only child, a daughter. Mary died a long time ago and Henry had to move in with his daughter who looks after him. He is 98 years old. After much persuasion he finally agreed that this, the family home must be sold. 

Henry was a hard-working man with strong moral principles. He's been a prominent member of his local chapel all his life. Among his paperwork includes a certificate dated January 1940 confirming him on the register of Conscientious Objectors. Interestingly he must have had to attend a formal interview to justify his beliefs so had written prepared answers based on questions he thought the authorities might ask, along with character references.  Also there was a letter dated September 1976 congratulating him on 25 years service to the BBC as a gardener. 

This is not just an abandoned house - its a home. In this home are meaningful and treasured possessions but also a home full of memories. This was a sanctuary from the outside world, a place to lead a simple life. 

[Note - I wrote the above in 2017]

• By yonaguni
      The Black Family farm house..parts were built in the 18th century...while exploring a member of the black family caught me....he was a nice old guy gave me the history of the place..we went back to his house(across the street and chatted awhile...

Juily 1976..it sells for 40$..i should have kept it...

fly killer...

when i turned the corner i saw a head of hair..it scared the bijesus out of me

now thats old...
      arch ways in basement..not sure what it was used for

how it once looked

house is gone now..torn down...

• By Industrieller
      In einem kleinen Dorf steht dieser kleine Tante Emma Laden seit mindestens 9 Jahren leer (Ablaufdatum des Biers).
      Man fühlt sich hier wie in eine andere Welt versetzt.
      Der Geruch von Seife und Putzmitteln liegt in der Luft.
      Selbst der Strom funktioniert noch.

• By Among The Unknown
      After the Brownsville General Hospital relocated to its new location in 1965, the former buildings were converted into the Golden Age Nursing Home.
      Due to the normally full capacity of the Brownsville General Hospital, 
      the hospital relocated. Shortly after its closing, The Horner Nursing Home/Golden Age Nursing Home was made/built in 1929 and closed in 1985 due to reports of horrible conditions and treatment of its patients.
      The nursing home was a residence for some of the nurses who worked at the hospital. It later became a care facility for the elderly.
      *Please take note of the sentences shown at the bottom of the video during scenes.*
      Urban Exploration
      Paranormal Investigations
      ParaUrbex
    • By Among The Unknown
      The Brownsville General Hospital opened in 1914 but wasn't completed until 1916, and closed in 1965. 
      The hospital was always at full capacity and thus, an addition was made to create a third level over the central section of the building and raised the hospital’s capacity to 100 beds.
      Due to the capacity, the hospital was then relocated. Shortly after the closing of the hospital, The Horner Nursing Home/Golden Age Nursing Home was made/built in 1929 and closed in 1985 due to reports of horrible conditions and treatment. 
      *Please take note of the sentences shown at the bottom of the video during scenes.*
      Urban Exploration
      Paranormal Investigations
      ParaUrbex