Najbardziej dołujące miejsce, jakie udało mi się zwiedzić do tej pory. Mały stół sekcyjny, kapliczka z miejscem na trumienkę...chłodnia...cokolwiek bym nie robił, jakkolwiek bym nie ustawiał przedmiotów znajdujących w obiekcie...nic nie odda klimatu jaki panuje w środku...i ta myśl, że tu ostatnie swoje chwile spędzali ci najmłodsi... .

The most depressing place that I have been able to visit so far. A small sectional table, a chapel with a place for a coffin ... a cold store ... whatever I would not do, however much I would not set objects in the object ... nothing will reflect the climate that prevails ... and the idea that the last one Your little ones spent their time ....5a7615d00a54a_389(Kopiowanie).jpg.8f3a82bef2e10d215fc26289bde40112.jpg

5a7615fa67d04_313(Kopiowanie).jpg.1dfbd7ea905c952cecc258df8699f2ce.jpg

188 (Kopiowanie).jpg

246 (Kopiowanie).jpg

346 (Kopiowanie).jpg

370 (Kopiowanie).jpg

286 (Kopiowanie).jpg

439_tonemapped (Kopiowanie).jpg

224_tonemapped (Kopiowanie).jpg

235 (Kopiowanie).jpg

139 (Kopiowanie).jpg

152_tonemapped (Kopiowanie).jpg

166_tonemapped (Kopiowanie).jpg

199 (Kopiowanie).jpg

206 (Kopiowanie).jpg

270 (Kopiowanie).jpg

286 (Kopiowanie).jpg

324 (Kopiowanie).jpg

350 (Kopiowanie).jpg

356 (Kopiowanie).jpg

402 (Kopiowanie).jpg

445 (Kopiowanie).jpg

452 (Kopiowanie).jpg

462 (Kopiowanie).jpg

Edited by hamtagger
Edited title and translated intro :)
  • Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Sectionate
      This was our first Metz German Fortification of the day and it did not disappoint. GF L'Yser is filled with murals and paintings, which are incredible and fortunately survive after nearly 100 years. Visited with @flat and a few other non-members

History:

The Feste Prinz Regent Luitpold, renamed Group Fortification Yser after 1919, is a military installation near Metz that was constructed between 1907 and 1914. It is part of the second fortified belt of forts of Metz and formed part of a wider program of fortifications called "Moselstellung", encompassing fortresses scattered between Thionville and Metz in the valley Moselle. The aim of Germany was to protect against a French attack to take back Alsace-Lorraine and Moselle from the German Empire. The fortification system was designed to accommodate the growing advances in artillery since the end of XIXth century. Based on new defensive concepts, such as dispersal and concealment, the fortified group was to be, in case of attack, an impassable barrier for French forces. 

During The Annexation of Alsace-Lorraine, the fort receives a garrison of gunners belonging to the XVIth Army Corps. From 1914-1918, it served as a relay for the German soldiers at the front post. Its equipment and weapons are then at the forefront of military technology. In 1919, the fort was occupied by the French army. After the departure of French troops in June 1940, the German army reinvests the fort. In early September 1944, at the beginning of the Battle of Metz, the German command integrates the fort into the defensive system set up around Metz.

Must go back

Outer fighting block:

DDE_5447 copy by Nick, on Flickr

DDE_5457 copy by Nick, on Flickr

DDE_5459 copy by Nick, on Flickr

DDE_5462 copy by Nick, on Flickr

Turreted by Nick, on Flickr

Main block

DDE_5494 copy by Nick, on Flickr

DDE_5507 copy by Nick, on Flickr

DDE_5511 copy by Nick, on Flickr

DDE_5528 copy by Nick, on Flickr

DDE_5533 copy by Nick, on Flickr

DDE_5543 copy by Nick, on Flickr

The Murals

DDE_5563 copy by Nick, on Flickr

DDE_5506 copy by Nick, on Flickr

DDE_5586 copy by Nick, on Flickr

DDE_5503 copy by Nick, on Flickr

DDE_5588 copy by Nick, on Flickr

DDE_5587 copy by Nick, on Flickr

• By Landie_Man
      Monkton Farleigh Down, Ammunition Tunnel, Wiltshire – December 2017

Moving on through my backlog of explores; to one myself and Mookster visited back in December.  It was to be a nice, slow paced Pre-Christmas day of explores; but sadly this was to be the only site we explored that day.  Unfortunately my car had developed an exhaust leak that morning and the rest of the day was rather noisy until the vehicle was repaired. 

The Monkton Farleigh ammunition depot made use of an old stone quarry below a plateau; around 450 feet above the valley floor in which ran the main line railway.  This railway was its principal source of supply.

Before the depot could be commissioned, an efficient means was required to bring in ammunition from the railway at Farleigh Down Sidings. These sidings were just over a mile from the depot as the crow flies but over four miles by road along pretty heavy going,  tortuous country lanes.
      The tunnel at Monkton Farleigh was designed to handle around 1000 tons of ammunition each day. Completion was not scheduled until 1941.

The tunnel to the railway sidings at Shockerwick was a big player in the Monkton Farleigh mine; offering a secure route which in turn, was invisible to aerial reconnaissance.

As Always everyone,  Thanks!

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157665020437557
    • By GREGUL1979
      Everything left as if the hotel's owners left it with the thought that they will come back in a moment. Or maybe the contrary, with the thought that they can not go back there anymore. We know that they did not come back. We do not know why. At the bottom, aprons, cups, the inscription "Welcome wedding guests". Upstairs furniture, appliances, personal items, books. Everything is abandoned, not packed, segregated, as in the planned move. No. Abandoned and destroyed. Scattered. Maybe by a vandal who accidentally got there and could not respect the place and things that belonged to someone. Or maybe by someone who did it with the deliberation that was looking for something.

• By GREGUL1979
      When I die, honey
      when I part with the sun
      and I will be a long rather sad thing
      will you take care of me then?
      you will embrace your arms
      and you'll fix what broke cruel fate ...