Dubbed Navigator

Post a pic that reminds you of a great explore

As the title says :)

Thought of it when I found a load today of explores I did years ago.A quick commentry as to why would be good too.

IMG_0210.JPG

I think this was my first trip to West Park. It had been started the night before in the neigthbouring park, progressed to dodging the PIRs and then the infamous MC hammer. Good times.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By crabb
      Built in 1871 but had been refurbished at some point.
       Now, I don't do heights.. So I was chuffed to see my mate practically run towards it in excitement and go first. It was pretty high and the grated floor was not ideal if you wanted to avoid looking down. 
      The tower probably stands around 40-50 ft but exact measurements are unknown at this point.
      Apart from the odd clanging of metal under our footsteps and how wobbly it was, it was a good first climb like this for me!
      Got some snaps as usual, enjoy! 

• By Mick12
      I need places to explore in king county washington
    • By anthrax
      The secrets of the legendary catacombs of Paris, a tunnel system that spans more than 280km in length.

The catacombs in Paris hold remains of more than six million people. They are part of a tunnel network that runs below Paris that is more than 280 kilometers long. No one knows how far the tunnels extend in total, as there are still many paths that are unmapped and even undiscovered. The main reason behind the tunnels was to extract  Lutetian limestone for use as a building material. For instance, parts of the Louvre, the Place de la Concorde and Les Invalides were built with limestone from this tunnel system.

The catacombs only take up about 2.1km of the tunnel system and they are the only part that is legally accessible. Even though that is the case, many people refer to the surrounding tunnel network when speaking about the "Catacombs of Paris".

The ossuary was created in the late 1700s to tackle the problem of overflowing cemeteries and until the early 19th century, the ossuary was largely forgotten until it became a novelty place for concerts and other private events.
      The network is mostly intact today and is regularily toured by urban explorers or so called "Cataphiles".

If anyone is curious about the way we took, the names of the rooms we went into and a bit of a sidestory, here's the full post (warning: It's damn long and I feel it would overcrowd the forums)

Also, even though I posted a lot of photos, these are not all, so feel free to check out the rest of them if anyone has gotten curious.

LINK: http://inwordsandpictures.net/catacombs
      FULL-ALBUM: https://flic.kr/s/aHskDMEvnC
      INSTAGRAM: ofcdnb

DSC_9230 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9239 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9241 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9245 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9250 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9254 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9257 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9265_1 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9276 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      SC_9279 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9281 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9283_1 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9290_1 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9311 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9338 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9343_2 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_9346_1 by anthrax, auf Flickr
    • By Nwoodco1
      Hello, I just joined this forum because my friends and I are traveling out to Choke Canyon SP later this summer and I would like some cool/abandoned places to explore and didn't know where to look, so I came here! Hopefully you all have some good places to share.

• By SouthCoastUrbex
      Hi all I'm back again!

Today we went and visited an old boarding school in Chichester. We did not know if the place was abandoned but we got a tip to say it "might" be abandoned. Well...we went to check out this place and my god it has got to be one of the better ones I've been to. No graffiti onsite but just an awesome explore all in all!

HISTORY:

The site itself originally started life as a boarding school and has a full range of classrooms, studios and offices. They had an onsite IT room which could fit up to 20 students at a time and also 2 large greenhouses for training in horticultural skills. The centre itself was very highly-regarded in the area and was built within the grounds of a grade II listed house. It went on to become a residential educational and training centre until the site officially closed its doors in 2011.

Enjoy the video and if you really liked it feel free to subscribe to our channel!