peanutbutter_crackers

USA Dog Walker State Hospital - U.S.

I've visited this former state hospital site a few times and over the last few years they've torn down a few buildings and unfortunately before I was able to make my first visit the morgue and lab were two of those :(. I wished I'd gotten to see them but alas...I did not. Here are a few photos from various trips. I didn't take great photos when I first started exploring and my editing sucked! Most of the buildings are rather boring and not much was left inside. One of the areas of this complex was/is a bowling alley which for years was flooded and no one was able to photograph it. However when they were preparing a building beside it to be demoed the water was removed from it. It's completely dark there so no available light except by light painting which I detest   

bowl2.jpg.9ac43b6a2fa0ec3e1ff4a4719ee88d26.jpgfh1.jpg.e0ac3e3605dfe2cbc9f84cb97a4c48b3.jpgfh3.jpg.f08d5232a64c4a27c763d7ef2c1e8bec.jpg

fh6.jpg.e669c9043d3ff4dd12e1858368d02001.jpg

fh8.jpg.ac30c9c62b6d6e3fc405ac35fd553f8a.jpgfh4.jpg.911b59acec8d3512fc5c97d85b5f89b4.jpg

fh9.thumb.jpg.37f6127db2f4ae3a0e956f24a06fcc72.jpg

new.jpg.0a4fd41b19b8fe8b2042bc64d8b33701.jpg

fh2.jpg.4ce19bfd458d146d6ed8686dde3d58cd.jpg

fh6.jpg.8e64fd0465bb6506cbe6edca737fc5bd.jpg

fh9a.jpg.f883950eed383413157ce39ea0e28464.jpg

meh.jpg.c35b1fcc50089680092f91d60a81134d.jpg

fh9.jpg.292ccca188e5bea450e569ec58414263.jpg

stormy.jpg.acfab547f66dc9753fb911cae35fbc33.jpg

This building above they removed the cupolas for what reason I don't know and they are sitting behind fence at the building in the background

ff8.jpg.0c699fa67b3f1be10b4f627b2ded3bc2.jpg

This building was demoed 2016.

j1.jpg.bfd9dedb375bbbd7fda6c640dbd25111.jpg

ff6.jpg.6f0e529e6ceea2bf9692ac85a9ba3298.jpg

ff1.jpg.e07580c3ae937dc32e2f9c8ec19aa5d2.jpg

• Like 8

Some absolutely brilliant shots in there :) I can't believe they demo'd that beautiful building, don't they have "listed" category buildings over there? :( 

:comp: 

• Like 1

Lovely to see you back here Michelle, this place is amazing! I'm loving those bath tub shots especially the detailed one. You've come back with a bang :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hamtagger said:

Some absolutely brilliant shots in there :) I can't believe they demo'd that beautiful building, don't they have "listed" category buildings over there? :( 

:comp: 

Thanks very much! Sadly they don't care if a building is registered Historic which was meant to preserve them. However this one was not or any of the buildings. We've lost so many lovely buildings especially the kirks over the years with Greystone being the most recent. It was registered historic but it was torn down. There were some politics involved there it seems 

2 hours ago, AndyK! said:

This place is amazing! 

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Urbexbandoned said:

Lovely to see you back here Michelle, this place is amazing! I'm loving those bath tub shots especially the detailed one. You've come back with a bang :) 

Thanks for the warm welcome back. I was laying low for awhile . Thanks for the kind words! Glad you enjoy the photos :D The tubs were my favorite thing there.....also basically the only thing left besides toilets and sinks

Edited by peanutbutter_crackers
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DirtyJigsaw said:

Nice to see you on the forum! Been following your IG for awhile :) Great shots, look forward to more from you

Thank you for the nice comments here and on IG and for the follow as well. I'll post more photos from thence forth here :D

• Like 1

i was just editing two shots from here then closed them without saving and now regret it.  also, great shots.

6 hours ago, The_Raw said:

Yay you came back! Love this :17_heart_eyes:

Thank you! :D

2 hours ago, eyevolve said:

i was just editing two shots from here then closed them without saving and now regret it.  also, great shots.

Oh lookie who's over here :D. I remember now seeing a post of yours awhile back of some very lovely photos. Thanks for the compliments. Sorry about your photos :(. 

And by lookie I just mean you're here is all eyevolve

5 hours ago, Lenston said:

Thats a bit nice :)

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Arborshate said:

That's a sweet one! (:
I really dig the bathroom. The peeling paint really pleases my eyes :-D

Thank you very much! Glad you like the photos :D. I liked the pink color there...very relaxing :D

17 minutes ago, Andy said:

These are really fantastic shots!

Thank you Andy.  BTW...I believe you're the person I contacted on Deviant art about one of your photos a few months ago. My name is pewter2k there but I don't use that site very much.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, peanutbutter_crackers said:

I believe you're the person I contacted on Deviant art about one of your photos a few months ago. My name is pewter2k there but I don't use that site very much.

I'm not sure if you might mistake me. Because I don't have a profile at Devineart. And also in my emails or in the mailboxes on Facebook, here on the forum, etc. I couldn't find any message from you.

But if it was me, please just write me a PM again, what exactly was it about. Thanks!  :)