Andy

Lost pianos and other instruments

When I started urban exploration 27 years ago (I'm getting old ... ;) ), I always wanted to discover forgotten pianos in abandoned houses. It took some time to get the first piano in front of my lens. In the meantime I have found several ones and I still like them a lot. Here is a little selection of my photos of pianos and other instruments.

bild02.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild06.jpg

bild05.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild05.jpg

bild32.jpg

bild28.jpg

bild01.jpg

bild02.jpg

bild01.jpg

bild01.jpg

bild27.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild54.jpg

bild35.jpg

bild02.jpg

bild24.jpg

bild42.jpg

bild10.jpg

bild12.jpg

bild22.jpg

bild24.jpg

bild10.jpg

bild07.jpg

bild30.jpg

bild16.jpg

bild15.jpg

bild16.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild05.jpg

bild06.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild11.jpg

bild11.jpg

bild04.jpg

DSC_0957.jpg

bild16.jpg

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bob
      urbex quickie

• By bob
      Sooo I just got an IR converted D70 (590nm) and I went to test it in the well known Terres Rouges, trying to more or less emulate the Aerochrome look... I'm a it bummed as the lens I used has a hotspot in IR and I didn't notice it before going home...

I guess this wont be for anyone's taste ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• By SpiderMonkey
      Visited this one with @AndyK! and @darbians as the first real stop on a big week-long derp bonanza of some sort, after two fails the day before this (after a 12+ hour drive). 
      We had checked it out the night before, without much luck, so as it was getting late, and we were all suffering massive sleep deprivation, we decided to turn in for the night. 
      But before leaving town in the morning for the next few stops, we decided to have another try with the help of daylight, and it sure paid off. 

I can't find a lot of history on this place, it seems to be quite the 'ghost' online, but it does boast some pretty epic vintage machines. What's interesting here is that it is all preserved so well, yet there are no signs of potential conversion into event space or something similar, which is something that happens a lot with these kinds of places. 

Photos - 

Cheers 😎

• By Ninurta
      Polyana, Djantukha and Akarmara - former mining settlements in Abkhazia, located in the Aldzga river valley, 10-12 km east of Tkuarchal. After collapse of the Soviet Union and Abkhaz–Georgian conflict it was almost abandoned.

• By anthrax
      Founded in early 1800's the complex was initially used as a hand weaving mill. Following 30 years of manual work the means of production changed when the small mill was bought by a young interpreneur who changed the concept to include hydropower. A few years after that, the mill changed owners again when it was decided to enlargen the mill and convert it into a fully functional factory, instead of a small hydropower driven mill.
      Successively more and more looms and heavy machinery were added when a textile producer outsourced his production because of monetary advantages. During WW2 the production was stopped and the factory used for producing telecommunication materials for the military.
      Because of the decline of the texile industry in Europe and outdated machinery the factory had to close for good in the 2000's. Now it's slowly consumed by nature and open for urban explorers like me.
      Full Album: (70+ photographs) https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157669234673708/with/42217673072/
      Full Blog Post: http://inwordsandpictures.net/textilefactory

DSC_7178 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7224 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7237 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7241_1 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7252 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7259 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7272 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7302 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7308 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7336 by anthrax, auf Flickr

DSC_7350 by anthrax, auf Flickr