What a lovely looking building and some real nice features inside. In particular that bathtub in pic 5 and the circular window-brickwork too :) Thanks for adding those old pics too :thumb 

:comp: 

1 hour ago, Lenston said:

Very nice those :)

Thank you 

1 hour ago, hamtagger said:

What a lovely looking building and some real nice features inside. In particular that bathtub in pic 5 and the circular window-brickwork too :) Thanks for adding those old pics too :thumb 

:comp: 

Thanks for the compliments. The bathtubs were one of my fave shots to get because it was untouched with graffiti unlike some other parts :(. They have been planning to make this building into apartments/condos and it's registered historic but that means nothing here in the U.S

1 hour ago, eyevolve said:

i knew i should have stolen the COCK

:?:?

• Like 1

I'm not sure what is better, the place or your shots! what an incredible place. Its not often you see detail like shot 3 in these places.

This deserves a place in staff picks.

More from you please! :)

• Like 1

On 3/18/2018 at 4:11 AM, Dubbed Navigator said:

I'm not sure what is better, the place or your shots! what an incredible place. Its not often you see detail like shot 3 in these places.

This deserves a place in staff picks.

More from you please! :)

Thank you! I appreciate the kind compliments :) Yes not often do you find the stenciling in shot #3. It's ashame it's hidden in the attic. I wished there was a photo of how it was originally but sadly none that I was able to find nor the archives

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MK17SWL
      This city is one of the best spots I have been and was a blast to explore. I had to go back a second time to cover the whole area; first in September 2018 and again in Late November. Picher Oklahoma was part of the Tri-State mining district, and was deemed contaminated in the late 90's by the EPA. A mass exodus followed and by 2010 the population had reached a mere 20 people, a shadow of what was once home to 9,000 people. Within the next 2 years the last residents were forced to leave and the city became completely abandoned. Although some buildings have been demolished, quite a few areas remain intact in both Picher and Cardin, which is adjacent and also a ghost town. All 3 towns nearby were also abandoned due to contamination from Picher. Today Picher is known as the most toxic city in the United States, and the water in the nearby streams and river is orange and red. Even the birds stay away, and the town is deathly silent. 

• By MK17SWL
      I came across this mining camp known as "Bonnie Claire" on a road trip in December of 2018. It has been abandoned for over 100 years so it is unsurprisingly badly deteriorated. The area is also contaminated with arsenic and cyanide, but of course that didn't stop me. A couple of the houses about half a klick south appear to be part of a newer mining operation and there is evidence they actually had power out here. Someone spent a few nights in one of the houses as recently as 2017, given the date on the newspapers.

• By DirtyJigsaw
      Afternoon, 

Thought id upload a report from my visit to Wales in jan just gone. It was a freezing cold day and we had left early hours to get there before the rest of the tourbus turned up

Heres some history from googles...

The population of Cardiff had expanded greatly, from under 20,000 in 1851 to over 40,000 less than 20 years later. By 1890 there were 476 Cardiff residents "boarded out" in the Glamorgan Asylum, and a further 500 to 600 being held in hospitals as far away as Chester and Carmarthen.[2]
      Costing £350,000 and ten years to build, the Cardiff City Asylum opened on 15 April 1908. The main hospital building covered 5 acres (2.0 ha), designed to accommodate 750 patients across 10 wards, 5 each for men and women. Like many Victorian institutes, it was designed as a self-contained institute, with its own 150 feet (46 m) water tower atop a power house containing two Belliss and Morcom steam-engine powered electric generator sets, which were only removed from standby in the mid-1980s. The site also contained a farm, which provided both food supplies and therapeutic work for the patients.[2]
      The first medical superintendent was Dr Edwin Goodhall, whose then advanced approaches and therapies resulted in the hospital acquiring a reputation at the forefront of mental health care. Patients were also encouraged to take work and supervised tours outside the institute.[2]
      During the First World War, the facility was called the Welsh Metropolitan War Hospital.[3]During the Second World War, part of the hospital was turned over to the military, becoming the largest emergency service hospital in South Wales, treating British, American and German personnel. 200 beds were retained for civilian use, which enabled early treatment of post traumatic stress disorder of military patients.[2]
      On 5 July 1948, the hospital was taken over by the Ministry of Health as the National Health Service came into existence. After the introduction of Care in the Community in the early 1980s the hospital went into a period of decline and the number of resident patients reduced.[2]
      In November 2010 the Cardiff and Vale University Health Board decided that it was preferable to centralise all adult mental health care services at Llandough.[4] The hospital finally closed its doors in April 2016.[5][6]

We had gotten in very easily and during our 6 hours or so there, did come across some other explorers, who had told us they had seen security walking around outside, however, we didnt see anyone at all, even from the top of the water tower we couldnt see anyone, happy days. I have heard of people getting caught here again recently though...

On to some pics

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Whitchurch Hospital by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Whitchurch Hospital by

Thanks for looking 

DJ

• By Beneficial-Cucumber
      Carrie Furnace Hot Metal Bridge. This spanned the Monongahela River to a large blast furnace complex which was abandoned in the 70s along with this bridge. It was built in 1900 and is 51 ft high. 

• By Beneficial-Cucumber
      I couldn't find much info on this, the interior was pretty stripped and bare. Some of the graffiti was killer though