When I die, honey
when I part with the sun
and I will be a long rather sad thing
will you take care of me then?
you will embrace your arms
and you'll fix what broke cruel fate ...

DSC_4533 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4550 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4580 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4616 (Kopiowanie).jpg

3 (Kopiowanie).jpg

4 (Kopiowanie).jpg

5 (Kopiowanie).jpg

6 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4394 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4419 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4423 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4431 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4443 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4447 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4459 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4521 (Kopiowanie).jpg

1 (Kopiowanie).jpg

2 (Kopiowanie).jpg

Edited by hamtagger
Added spaces between images
  • Like 3

Nice place. But sad how disrespectful people handle the bones.

Surprises me that something so sacred has been left so unkempt and disrespected. What saddens me is that those bones have been chucked about like rubbish from people probably looking for some valuables. Such a same but amazing photo'sal the same. Not something you get to see every day :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Nikonlover
      Popped out with the new camera yesterday with two friends. Still getting used to it. :D Went to Hi-Finish Castings in Birmingham. 

From what I could find out with paperwork inside the land was bought in 1935 at a cost of £12,000. In between 1935 and 1941 the building was built and an inventory took place in July 1941 at a cost of £25,269. 

Various metals were made for all types of products like wall fittings (Sockets and light fixtures) to car parts(Door handles, wing mirror casing and much more) and they had various clients like Bentley, Ford and Talbot. 

In the early days also Mitchells and Butler where involved in the company. 

Was a great relaxed explore and even though the main factory space was empty (It had some gems) the offices were great. The safe in the toilet had some wonderful paperwork in it detailing the history. What a depressing canteen though. Windows on all sides with a view of a brick wall. Some wonderful gems about if you look though.

Closed in 2008 I believe with a loss of about 42 jobs. Company is no longer about.

Enjoy.
    • By Landie_Man
      Another backlog from a West Country Road Trip back in late May with Mookster, our American explorer friend and myself.  This was our second stop off on our first day on the trip; our first being Tone Mills, a revisit for me so I haven't done a report, but with Tone its always a pleasure seeing it.  A wonderful site each and every time.  
      The three of us embarked on the large two day road trip in my trusty 1988 Volvo 240 and rocked up in Torrington that morning.  This site has been derelict for absolutely years, but its in the arse end of nowhere so its taken a while to see it.
      -

Closed in 1993; Dairy Crest's Creamery sat on a site which had been a creamery since 1874.  This particular Art Deco site was built in the 1930's to meet needs, but When the government de-centralised milk collection,the creamery was finally killed off and it closed its doors; a severe blow to the area; with around 200 Job losses.

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157699243815344
    • By jakeurbexphotography
      This place is not too far from where I live. i have heard all about it's history and decided to have a look inside and get some photos of the building itself. The place is an absolute death trap, ceiling's fallen through, water ingress all over etc. It started early life in 1900 as a roman catholic orphanage until 1940 when it became an approved borstal until 1984. During this period there has been reports of physical and sexual abuse which happened at St. Peter's over the years. in 1984 the school closed down and was sold for £130,000. The buyers bought the buildings and converted the main building into a nursing home for the elderly. Again this was in operation until closure in march 1999. The main building was demolished in 2016 due to a massive 9 hour fire and is only the gymnasium and the reception building that remain on the premises. 

As you can see in the photos the building is severely damaged due to dampness and vandalism. 

• By Himeiji
      Recently we visited the Jean Monnet building of the European Commission in Luxembourg city, which is about to be demolished. 
      The building was closed because they discovered asbestos in the air in block C. Unfortunately, we came too late and the most interesting part (Conference Centre) was already destroyed, but we managed to see the offices (mostly empty) and the sport centre with swimming pool in the basement.
      If you decide to go there, don't go to the building C, especially the lower floors!!! They have started demolishing them, we came in to one of the floors, and saw a creepy room completely covered with white film, from floor to ceiling, including doors and windows. Apparently, to protect the workers from asbestos. Just don't go there) 
      Otherwise, buildings A and B are still fine.  The keys on one of the pictures are from the data centre. It's now empty, they only left the keys) 
      Here are also a couple of maps in case if someone wants to visit the place.

The most interesting thing is that the building is guarded. Security are there 24/7. They are outside near building A, so be careful with the lights! At the level 2, at the border between buildings A and B, I left a short note on the side of one of escalators. You can try to find it) See the last picture, and the place is marked with big yellow circle on one of the maps. 

• By DirtyJigsaw
      All, 

Heres a quick report from another Paris Ghost Station i have now visited. Its one of the larger ghost stations and one of the most well known. Ive not been activley posting much as of late due to other commitments but i am out there exploring and got another big trip lined up this year too.
      I wont bore you any longer, but heres some history of the station stolen from Google

Saint-Martin is a ghost station of the Paris Métro, located on lines 8 and 9 between the stations of Strasbourg - Saint-Denis and République, on the border of the 3rd and 10th arrondissements of Paris.
      The station was closed on 2 September 1939 at the start of World War II. It reopened after the French Liberation with a lot of traffic passing through, but was eventually closed again as a result of its proximity to the neighboring station of Strasbourg - Saint-Denis, which lies only 100 metres away.
      In the past, the station served to shelter homeless persons, and the eastern section of the location is currently used as a day shelter for the homeless (managed by the Salvation Army).

The station closed on 2nd September 1939.

Heres afew of my shots i took

Saint Martin by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr