Everything left as if the hotel's owners left it with the thought that they will come back in a moment. Or maybe the contrary, with the thought that they can not go back there anymore. We know that they did not come back. We do not know why. At the bottom, aprons, cups, the inscription "Welcome wedding guests". Upstairs furniture, appliances, personal items, books. Everything is abandoned, not packed, segregated, as in the planned move. No. Abandoned and destroyed. Scattered. Maybe by a vandal who accidentally got there and could not respect the place and things that belonged to someone. Or maybe by someone who did it with the deliberation that was looking for something.

5aac2ccc72b5a_DSC_4380(Kopiowanie).jpg.56f4dca68c812b8f37279a37ddebe8c7.jpg

DSC_4330 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4333 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4354 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3830 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3833 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3839 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3843 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3853 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3858 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3860 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3869 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3874 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3876 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3889 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3894 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3898 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3901 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3911 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3918 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3919 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3920 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3925 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3927 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3938 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3949 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3958 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3974 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3987 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_3994 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4008 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4010 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4023 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4024 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4033 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4043 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4057 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4064 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4071 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4073 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4078 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4087 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4099 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4112 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4124 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4127 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4131 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4142 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4143 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4145 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4149 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4153 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4155 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4161 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4164 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4175 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4185 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4198 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4203 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4205 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4208 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4232 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4233 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4242 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4244 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4246 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4258 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4298 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4303 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4309 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4318 (Kopiowanie).jpg

DSC_4327 (Kopiowanie).jpg

Edited by hamtagger
Added date/country
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By obscureserenity
      Chateau Marianne / Chateau Alchimiste

History

Not much history on this location but it was rumoured to be have been once occupied by a former professor. The chateau is located in a small, rural town in France. The town's residents have halved in the last 40 years and it was beginning to look quite run down. I can imagine the nickname  'Alchimiste' (which means Alchemist in French) came from all the chemistry equipment left behind such as: test tubes, syringes, bottles, cylinders and beakers.  It seems the previous inhabitant was also a bit of an artist, we found many paintings scattered around the house and a large collection in the attic, as well as a small studio in an upstairs room. 

Visit

I visited this beautiful chateau on a euro trip with @PROJ3CTM4YH3M. We went the previous night to check to see if it was accessible and boy we were in for a shock! Neither of us realised how much stuff had been left and how interesting the contents were. We both particularly liked the framed butterfly collection which was hung up in one of the living rooms, as it reminded us of the film 'Silence of the Lambs.'  After a short investigation we decided to return the following day and booked a hotel in a nearby town.  Arriving the next morning once sun had risen, the place was really brought into it's element. So, as always, hope you enjoy my photos!

If you've got this far, thanks for reading 

• By obscureserenity
      Town Mansion 

History

The Town Mansion was originally built in 1912 by a wealthy petroleum importer. During the early 20th century, the area in which the mansion was built, had become a hub for many rich German families in the early 1900's. By 1918, once the First World War had come to an end and the town was heavily damaged by the intense bombing raids at the start of the war and then German occupation of Belgium in 1914. Only two houses in that street survived, the Town Mansion being one of those. It was then later occupied by a Belgium shipbuilder until the late 1960's, when it was used as an office space. The mansion was abandoned in 1991 and hasn't been formally resided in since.

Visit

Visited with @PROJ3CTM4YH3M and a non forum member. As I recall it was a particularly hot spring day and we all excited to see this location, partly to escape from the intense heat. Once we got inside we spent a short amount of time wandering around before we eagerly started taking our pictures. I can confidentially say that this is one of the grandest mansions in Belgium I have visited. I did wonder what the lives of the families that once inhabited it were like and the memories they must have had. It was a very enjoyable explore for me and as always, I hope you enjoy my photos!

If you got this far, thanks for reading 
    • By urbexdevil
      Being a regular at the Nurburgring and this place being brought to my attention by a non explorer, the perfect opportunity after a day of storms arose!

Putting this one off all week with temperatures reaching the 30s, the moment came on a somewhat stormy day to check this place out, taking full advantage of the slightly cooler – yet humid air.

My first explore out of the UK too which made for something special, despite being a derp it was still something different and unique for myself in comparison to the UK.

There’s not much left of the place and the history is scarce, however it looks as though work began rebuilding the place but the cost of development was a spanner in the works.

The basement also contained a septic tank which is no longer allowed in the region, combining that with the nearest sewer being some distance away making development even more expensive.

• By teddybear
      A large abandoned iron mine with miles of tunnels and several levels. We've been here 3 times and still not seen a fraction of it. Yet we walked 20 Km in there. There should be some big vehicles in there but only found some tracks. But we found  a lot of little things like old miner boot with real nails in the soles,a small horse shoe and imprints of horseshoe's and miner boots. From some places it took more 1.5 Hr just to get to the only entry. And unfortunately at the last visit we saw that effort are been made to seal the entry up. A big wire mesh was placed, a wheelbarrow and some mounting materials were present there but no workers. I think it was raining to hard that day.. Probably  the entry is closed now.
      But sure fun to explore there an been off the grid for some hours.
      IMG_9504 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_9497 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_9489 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_9480 by Bart Hamradio, on Flick

IMG_1291 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1300 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1304 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1317 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1321 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1325 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_1327 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

IMG_0679 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr